• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for failure to appear advise please Misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yanky23

What is the name of your state? FL/NJ

I had my license suspended for failure to pay a ticket think it was for speeding. I was then stopped for running a red light, while my license was suspended and was issued another ticket. Finally a warrant was issued for failure to pay. I was then stopped at a random checkpoint and though I had done nothing wrong I got arrested for the outstanding warrant. I posted bail the following day. I got a court date and appeared told them I had still been unable to pay the fines and they let me go.

The very next day I moved to NJ. I was scheduled for another court date back in Florida for the same issue. Which I did not know. When I did not appear they re-issued the warrants. a bail bonds bounty hunter showed up at my new job in NJ. Said pay us $1400 or you have to go back to FL with us. My compnay cut them a check. I have since never hear from anyone in Florida again. I have had a valid NJ license now for over 5 years with no violations.

Question is do I still have those warrants open in Florida its been over 6 years since the original offense and over 5years since the warrant for failure to appear, is there a statue of limitations on this? All the offenses were misdemeanors.

I just don't want the past to come back and haunt me. I was a stupid kid and now im a father of 3 so this would be the last thing I need to rear its ugly head. I have never had anyother kinds of legal problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

TYRIS

Yanky23 said:
What is the name of your state? FL/NJ

I had my license suspended for failure to pay a ticket think it was for speeding. I was then stopped for running a red light, while my license was suspended and was issued another ticket. Finally a warrant was issued for failure to pay. I was then stopped at a random checkpoint and though I had done nothing wrong I got arrested for the outstanding warrant. I posted bail the following day. I got a court date and appeared told them I had still been unable to pay the fines and they let me go.

The very next day I moved to NJ. I was scheduled for another court date back in Florida for the same issue. Which I did not know. When I did not appear they re-issued the warrants. a bail bonds bounty hunter showed up at my new job in NJ. Said pay us $1400 or you have to go back to FL with us. My compnay cut them a check. I have since never hear from anyone in Florida again. I have had a valid NJ license now for over 5 years with no violations.

Question is do I still have those warrants open in Florida its been over 6 years since the original offense and over 5years since the warrant for failure to appear, is there a statue of limitations on this? All the offenses were misdemeanors.

I just don't want the past to come back and haunt me. I was a stupid kid and now im a father of 3 so this would be the last thing I need to rear its ugly head. I have never had anyother kinds of legal problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or information.

-Contact the courthouse where you were issued the tickets, they will be able to tell you if you have warrants or if the matter is over.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">