• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant Here, Court appearance there

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j4yj0hn

What is the name of your state? Kansas + Texas

Howdy,

I was arrested in January in Kansas for possesion of marijuanna and failed to appear. There is now a warrant out for my arrest.

I have called a lawyer about this, but I have another court date in my home town in Texas to get something expunged off my record.

My question is this: When I go home to Texas to get past charges expunged, will they see the new Kansas warrant and arrest me?

I am trying to travel for spring break and I completely forgot about my pending charges amidst school work, and *if* i can get this warrant taken care of today and set up an appearance date, all should be ok, right?

seniorjudge

j4yj0hn said:
What is the name of your state? Kansas + Texas

Howdy,

I was arrested in January in Kansas for possesion of marijuanna and failed to appear. There is now a warrant out for my arrest.

I have called a lawyer about this, but I have another court date in my home town in Texas to get something expunged off my record.

My question is this: When I go home to Texas to get past charges expunged, will they see the new Kansas warrant and arrest me?

I am trying to travel for spring break and I completely forgot about my pending charges amidst school work, and *if* i can get this warrant taken care of today and set up an appearance date, all should be ok, right?
Q: My question is this: When I go home to Texas to get past charges expunged, will they see the new Kansas warrant and arrest me?

A: If it is for a felony, the answer is yes, they may. The best advice is to surrender in Kansas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">