• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant for his arrest for child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dpebbles1211

What is the name of your state? New York

What would be the procedure for having a warrant out for your arrest in the case of not paying child support. My brother is willing to go to the courts to settle but he wants to know what procedure to take. He has not been working for quite some time. If he does go through the courts will he be arrested and put in jail or will they give him a court appearance. The family of his ex wife are threatening him and has been concerned for his safety- that is why he does not have any contact with the mother or the children. How would he go about settling this legally?

Son of Slam

Anyone not caring for their childern are at the lowest form of selfishness. He needs to get his baggy ass to work and start sending checks to his ex wife. If she is on Welfare then he needs to start sending checks to the government as well, to pay all of us back for his lazy selfish ways. If not then he can go to jail so that he and others like him can think about it.

Is that "his" safty he is concerned about? A real man is concerned about the well being of his childern. Without his love and support they may grow up to be just like him. And we should pay for this? He's a jurk.

Last edited:
D

dpebbles1211

obviously this forum is not for me....people responding to this message do not know all details. It is a big problem when people respond this way who dont understand the whole story. Everyone has their own opinion but you know what sometimes the other people in this situation (mother of children) make caring for your own children impossible. He was caring and supporting for his children but the family made it impossible for him to see his children....but i will not respond anymore ....

racer72

His only legal remedy is to get current in his support and stay current. And please ignore the post by Slug of Sam, he is one of the trolls that would rather give an opionion than advice.

D

DRN

The person can file a petition with the Family Court to have the amount of child support re-adjusted to reflect any changes in that person's income.

New York's Family Court was originally envisioned as a "user-friendly" forum that would not require having an attorney but as usual with New York courts, they made it as paper-heavy and convoluted as possible so unless one is very hardy and frustration-resistant, don't do it yourself.

I'm not an attorney - I can't give legal advice. But I'm right. Hope this helps.

C

cur7is

Son of Slam said:
That's what I said. Duh!
You said that in a rude and roundabout way. How was one supposed to know what you meant when you said it in a way that is going to inevitably make them angry? Telling them to get their "lazy ass" up and "send their ex-wife some money" is not saying "he should get caught up in his child support". The latter is such a nice, to-the-point way of saying something that you inevitably meant to say in a way that would harm them emotionally. Nice job. I'm sure you succeeded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">