• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

klemley

What is the name of your state? Indiana

Hope someone can give me some information here. My boyfriend was recently released from Prison and is on Parole, has been for about 2 months. He reports once a week and does what he is suppose to do. He was arrested prior to going to prison for driving on a suspended drivers licensce and released. He was to appear in court May 3. He realized to late that he was suppose to appear and never showed up or called. He reported to his parole officer earlier this week and advised her of this and she said she would take care of it. Later that afternoon the police came to our house looking for him. We are certain there is a warrant out for his arrest now, but how can this be if he is already on parole and was advised by his parole officer that she would take care of it. He is going to turn himself in today, but I want to know if they will hold him or if he will be released as soon as he sees the judge.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

racer72

His release will entirely be up to the judge. And parole officers have not authority to "take care of" warrants.

CdwJava

Whether he will be released after seeing a judge or not depends on whether he makes bail or not, and, whether the judge feels that the boyfriend can be released on his own recognizance pending a new court date. But, its always possible that the state will revoke his parole based upon the warrant and FTA as well.

He MIGHT be able to be released after seeing the judge ... but nobody here could possibly guess as to what the judge will do.

Carl

K

klemley

Thank you so much for the information. I wish for sure I could find out if there was a warrant. They came to the house and just asked for him but did not indicate what it was for. When he called this morning, he was advised they do not give out that information over the phone in the state of Indiana.

Again thanks for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">