• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant Issued, which I never known about.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ron1285

3 years ago, i got cited for open container in public. I was over 21, and they arrested me, and gave me some 10 hours community service & fine. I did my service and pay my fine, but last march i got a letter saying from a debt collector i never paid the city of philadelphia for this. I had no proof of payment, so i paid again instead getting into a big mess. Today on a way to an old friends birthday in Philadelphia i got pulled over for my tinted windows, since my car out of state. I have a legal medical wavier so thats fine, but the cop told me i have a warrant out, and he could arrest me yet i was respectful & calm so he just gave me an mandatory court date. I never knew i had to go to court, never got any papers so i thought after my community service & fine i thought i was clear, but guess not.I'm kind of worried since i NEVER go placed into something where the police are after me its kind of scary, is this something i should require a lawyer for?

CdwJava

The only thing that can be advised is that you appear on the court date the officer gave you and then find out what you need to do to clear it up. Heck, you can probably find out more from the court before you appear.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">