• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant in Oklahoma arrested in Kansas. Wondering about extradition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needsadviceKS

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My boyfriend was arrested for a fight. They took him to jail where they found out he had a warrant in Oklahoma. He went to court today for his Kansas charges and he is still being held. They contacted Oklahoma after court and they did not hear back. He is now saying he will have to go Friday to sign extradition papers and then Oklahoma will decide if they want to come get him. I thought you only signed extradition papers if the other state already has said "Yes" they want to come get the detainee? Am I wrong?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What difference does it make when the papers get signed? Maybe the agency holding him is being proactive and getting this part out of the way in case he will be picked up.

What is the warrant for, i.e. what's the charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">