• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant and Passport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arkay_Keam

FLORIDA
Is there a way to check and see if there is a warrant "tagged" on your passport? I live in Canada and have not been back home since the warrant was issued. The case was a domestic case (divorce/child custody) and there has been a change of venue which the judge in Florida refused to recognize. He continued on with hearings and swore out a FELONY warrant for my arrest for failure to appear- even though the Canadian Court has assumed control over this case and granted me full custody of the child in question. (The father in this case has not paid support, seen, called, or even attempted to contact the child who is now 16 years old, in more than 5 years). I want to check into it before I end up arrested at the border over this. I would like to check- I got the passport issued well after the warrant was issued so I do not know if the two have been linked. Advise?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">