• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hermit76

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Howdy all,

I reside in Illinois but am currently on probation for DUI in michigan. I was told to contact my probation officer on a montly basis, pay my fines and attend AA sessions. For the last 3 months I failed to contact my probation offices, paid my fines only a week back and started attending sessions 3 weeks back. Now there is a warrant out in Michigan for violating my probation conditions. The situation is my officer is on vacation untill Tuesday or Wednesday and I came to know of my warrant only today afternoon. None of the other probation officers want to deal with my scenario. They also mentioned if I get pulled over or into any issues where an officer is called, I would be arrested. I know I have to convince my probation officer to drop the warrant on me.
To avoid getting arrested what should I do other than staying out of trouble? (like get help from an attorney??)
Can I be arrested in Illinois even though my warrant is from Michigan?
Once my probation officers gets back if she does not drop my warrant what kind of legal approach should I take?

Appreciate any help.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
hermit76 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Howdy all,

I reside in Illinois but am currently on probation for DUI in michigan. I was told to contact my probation officer on a montly basis, pay my fines and attend AA sessions. For the last 3 months I failed to contact my probation offices, paid my fines only a week back and started attending sessions 3 weeks back. Now there is a warrant out in Michigan for violating my probation conditions. The situation is my officer is on vacation untill Tuesday or Wednesday and I came to know of my warrant only today afternoon. None of the other probation officers want to deal with my scenario. They also mentioned if I get pulled over or into any issues where an officer is called, I would be arrested. I know I have to convince my probation officer to drop the warrant on me.
To avoid getting arrested what should I do other than staying out of trouble? (like get help from an attorney??)
Can I be arrested in Illinois even though my warrant is from Michigan?
Once my probation officers gets back if she does not drop my warrant what kind of legal approach should I take?

Appreciate any help.
In answer to your question: to avoid getting arrested stay out of trouble and go back in time and do your probation. EASY. Right? I mean you can go back in time three months? No? Well dang, the warrant is not going to go away then. get help from an attorney and turn yourself in as the attorney suggests.
You are not going to be able to convince your probation officer to drop the warrant. You failed to attend for THREE MONTHS? You stalled at least three months before paying any fines. And you went over two months without attending counseling. Good grief. GROW UP AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY.
The legal approach you should take is turning yourself in and throwing yourself on the mercy of the court as well as preparing for jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">