• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrant problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wolf4263

I am from california

I am having a problem with a warrant coming out of San Bernardino County, Ca. I have just recently been released from Federal Prison on June 4th, I am on Federal Supervised Release. I was not advised of any warrants in any counties, while incarcerated I did send several 1381's to Los Angeles and Riverside Counties. For warrants that were outstanding stemming for the crimes that I was convicted of in Federal Court.

My probation officer let me know 3 weeks after I got out that I had a warrant coming out of San Bernardino and I need to clear it up. I figured that this would be easy since I have been in jail for the past 28 months. Well long story rt I was remanding into custody the day i went to court then i have benn going to court for the past 3 weeks. My first court appearance the DA offered me 16 months ( the charge is a forgery ). I of course said no, then given another date, I went yesterday and they stated that the 1381 that I filed could not be found. And they offered me an attempted charge and 8 months. I again said no and gave them all my info for my incarceration , including my 3 years of Federal supervised release, which includes 8 drugs test a month and a $24,000.00 restitution. Why wont they dismiss the case, can the do this , the crime that I went to the Feds for are the same as what they are charging me for? Please help me with any advise. I go back to court for a Pre-plea and pre-lim, they are looking for the 1381. I dont have any proof that I sent it only a copy of it (the 1381). But no certified mail. Please help.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">