• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant for Rape and Assault; my ex admitted to the assault but wasnt prosecuted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michigander25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My ex was arrested for Raping and Assaulting me. The detective told me that my ex admitted to assaulting me, but denied the rape. I was told by the police department that neither incidences were going to be prosecuted due to lack of evidence(my word vs. his), and the warrant was denied and because both incidences were on the same warrant, they couldnt do anything about the assault, even though my ex admitted to it. This doesnt make sense to me, and I feel like they dismissed my whole case because they didnt want to deal with it? Is this normal for them to deny a whole warrant based on one crime even if there are two different crimes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">