• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant revoked if they dont press charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ziminy

What is the name of your state?FL

My roommate has a warrant out for his arrest in Delaware. It is for "Identity theft on a senior" and is a felony warrant. From what he's told me he is basically guilty of helping his friend rip off the friends mother to get loans and credit cards in her name.

1) He wants to know if they will charge the friend also, because the mother only put in a complaint against my roommate. The woman's son was not arrested. But they both did it together.

2) If the woman says she has worked it out, and doesnt want to press charges, will the state drop the warrant.

3) Isnt the state now responsible to prosecute a crime once they know about it, whether the woman wants it to happen or not?

The woman told him she would drop the charges if her son is going to be prosecuted for the crime also. Basically that's what he's hoping for.

Thank you for any information.

Ziminy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">