• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrants in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mahina666

California:

This is the question:
A friend of mine has recently found out that he has an outstanding Warrant in Mendocino County. He doesn't know what it is for, what kind of warrant, or if the warrant will expire. He had a previous conviction up there, and had probation. Under those circumstances, he doesn't know if the warrant will expire, or if it will run indefinately. He also doesn't know how to find out what it was for without having to turn himself in at the time he finds out.
How can he obtain this information? He cannot afford an attorney.:eek:

seniorjudge

Mahina666 said:
California:

This is the question:
A friend of mine has recently found out that he has an outstanding Warrant in Mendocino County. He doesn't know what it is for, what kind of warrant, or if the warrant will expire. He had a previous conviction up there, and had probation. Under those circumstances, he doesn't know if the warrant will expire, or if it will run indefinately. He also doesn't know how to find out what it was for without having to turn himself in at the time he finds out.

You need to surrender.

CdwJava

Mahina666 said:
A friend of mine has recently found out that he has an outstanding Warrant in Mendocino County.
Hard to believe that he had no idea ... but, okay.

He doesn't know what it is for, what kind of warrant, or if the warrant will expire.
He can call the court or the investigating agency and see if they will tell him.

And warrants do not "expire". It will remain forever and could prevent him from obtaining jobs, loans, and government benefits.

He had a previous conviction up there, and had probation.
My guess? He failed to complete the conditions of probation or failed to appear at some point.

Under those circumstances, he doesn't know if the warrant will expire, or if it will run indefinately.
Indefinitely.

If they won't tell him over the phone, he will have to turn himself in.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">