• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrants and extradition likelihood? CA and PA knowledge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake1005

So I would like to get some honest answers from reputable sources. If your just someone with an opinion please don't post. Basically long story as short as possible. About 2 years ago I was on probation in PA for simple assault and recklessly endangering another person and had about 6 months of probation left. My girlfriend (who wanted to move back to her family in CA) and I were about to have a child and I could not get a transfer to CA. I ended up ditching my probation and my ex girlfriend's father who works for homeland security told me about 6 months ago that I have a warrant/warrants. To add I was also arrested for a dui while still in PA. I completed everything but my AHSS. Not sure if there is any consequences for that. Other than these I have no prior legal matters. I was in a bad place for a year and made a few mistakes. So here comes the questions. First off I need to get a CA state id for work, if I was to do this would I be getting a knock on my door sometime after I apply for the state id? Second if I was to turn myself in, in CA what would the likelihood be of PA to extradite me on this matter? I understand there are no guarantees but to the best of your knowledge answers would be great. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Since the crystal ball is not available today, and we are unable to check NCIC to find out the status of any warrants that might exist, there is no way to determine whether PA might extradite or not. There is no way to say with any certainty whether the authorities might come looking for you if you come to CA. But, warrants don't just go away. Like a diamond, they can last forever.

However, arrest warrants can and often will result in detentions and maybe even an arrest pending confirmation of the warrants and extradition. Not to mention the fact that a warrant can result in a lack of access to government backed loans, financial aid, welfare benefits, etc.

jake1005

Since the crystal ball is not available today, and we are unable to check NCIC to find out the status of any warrants that might exist, there is no way to determine whether PA might extradite or not. There is no way to say with any certainty whether the authorities might come looking for you if you come to CA. But, warrants don't just go away. Like a diamond, they can last forever.

However, arrest warrants can and often will result in detentions and maybe even an arrest pending confirmation of the warrants and extradition. Not to mention the fact that a warrant can result in a lack of access to government backed loans, financial aid, welfare benefits, etc.
My ex girlfriends father works for homeland security and has told me I have a warrant/warrants. Not sure of any details just that I have at least 1. I know they don't go away but I live a fairly simple life consisting of going to work supporting my family and staying home with my family. The life I live, I would never have to worry about being arrested again or "caught". Like I said I'm already in CA and have been for 2 years now. I'm getting a management promotion at work and need to provide a CA state id. I'd rather just turn myself in and take care of this stuff rather than applying for the state id and authorities come seek me out. Just curious if that's gonna happen or if I'll just be able to continue with my life. Thank you

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My ex girlfriends father works for homeland security and has told me I have a warrant/warrants. Not sure of any details just that I have at least 1. I know they don't go away but I live a fairly simple life consisting of going to work supporting my family and staying home with my family. The life I live, I would never have to worry about being arrested again or "caught". Like I said I'm already in CA and have been for 2 years now. I'm getting a management promotion at work and need to provide a CA state id. I'd rather just turn myself in and take care of this stuff rather than applying for the state id and authorities come seek me out. Just curious if that's gonna happen or if I'll just be able to continue with my life. Thank you
Yeah, because you'd NEVER have contact with the police, right?

You need to take care of your legal troubles.

jake1005

Yeah, because you'd NEVER have contact with the police, right?

You need to take care of your legal troubles.
No, because I'm not a criminal. I made a couple stupid decisions when I was 21. And to answer your question some more if I wanted to I could just tell my work I'm not interested in the promotion and continue doing what I've been doing for the past 2 years. Like I said I go to work and come home that's it. So if I NEVER wanted to have contact with the police I could just do what I've been doing. No one is coming to look for me over 3 misdemeanor charges where all the court costs and fines were paid off. I'd love to know if everyone on here are just a bunch of prick cops. And no **** I need to take care of my legal troubles. Ever think maybe some people are needed to provide for their families and aren't in a position to take care of their legal troubles at the moment or their families would be ****ed without them? How would my 20 month old son get his 24 months shots, get his check ups get his medicine when he's sick without my benefits? Sorry I'm not one of these people living off of taxpayers money on medi-cal and food stamps and everything else this country has to offer lazy ass people who don't want to get off their asses to do what it takes to take care of their responsibilities. For future posters I don't need your wise cracks on my situation. Just looking for some insight if you don't have it to offer please move on.

Zigner

No, because I'm not a criminal. I made a couple stupid decisions when I was 21. And to answer your question some more if I wanted to I could just tell my work I'm not interested in the promotion and continue doing what I've been doing for the past 2 years. Like I said I go to work and come home that's it. So if I NEVER wanted to have contact with the police I could just do what I've been doing. No one is coming to look for me over 3 misdemeanor charges where all the court costs and fines were paid off. I'd love to know if everyone on here are just a bunch of prick cops. And no **** I need to take care of my legal troubles. Ever think maybe some people are needed to provide for their families and aren't in a position to take care of their legal troubles at the moment or their families would be ****ed without them? How would my 20 month old son get his 24 months shots, get his check ups get his medicine when he's sick without my benefits? Sorry I'm not one of these people living off of taxpayers money on medi-cal and food stamps and everything else this country has to offer lazy ass people who don't want to get off their asses to do what it takes to take care of their responsibilities. For future posters I don't need your wise cracks on my situation. Just looking for some insight if you don't have it to offer please move on.
You misunderstood. What I am saying is that it's entirely possible to have contact with the police without having done anything wrong. Heck, you could be sitting at a stoplight and get rear-ended - what then?

I do find it ironic that you complain about folks not taking care of their responsibilities without realizing that you are smack-dab in the middle of that bunch.

jake1005

You misunderstood. What I am saying is that it's entirely possible to have contact with the police without having done anything wrong. Heck, you could be sitting at a stoplight and get rear-ended - what then?

I do find it ironic that you complain about folks not taking care of their responsibilities without realizing that you are smack-dab in the middle of that bunch.
Got a dui and never did the AHSS. In other words I don't drive. And yes I am in a sense. My son and his well-being is more important to me then myself. And yes I know well what if I do get stopped by police and end up getting picked up on my warrant anyway somehow then how much good am I to my son. Well at least my son his mother and I know that I was trying to do the right thing. Depends on your values though I guess.

Zigner

Got a dui and never did the AHSS. In other words I don't drive. And yes I am in a sense. My son and his well-being is more important to me then myself. And yes I know well what if I do get stopped by police and end up getting picked up on my warrant anyway somehow then how much good am I to my son. Well at least my son his mother and I know that I was trying to do the right thing. Depends on your values though I guess.
Ok, let's say you're crossing the street and get hit by a car? Sheesh!

jake1005

Ha ha you're funny. There is no exaggeration when I say I literally go no where but to work. My girlfriend drives me there and picks me up then we go home. I don't go with her to food shop or out anywhere but work. I promise you if I wanted to I could stay out of contact with the police until the end of my days.

Zigner

Ha ha you're funny. There is no exaggeration when I say I literally go no where but to work. My girlfriend drives me there and picks me up then we go home. I don't go with her to food shop or out anywhere but work. I promise you if I wanted to I could stay out of contact with the police until the end of my days.
Alrighty then...

Just Blue

Apparently you lost your "values". Per your postings.

single317dad

Jake, you're not getting it. There are three ways this can play out:

1) You live out your entire life without taking care of this problem, which will restrict you in many ways (some of which you're already aware of).

2) You get a lawyer and turn yourself in. The advantage to this method is that your attorney can likely arrange the surrender to allow you a short time to close out personal affairs and inform relevant people that you'll be absent handling some personal business.

3) You ignore the situation and get arrested one day. No one can say when or if that would ever happen. I can tell you that the odds are very strongly against you making it from age 23 to your death without ever having to address this.

Your choice. No one here (or anywhere) can tell you for sure what will happen when you make it.

jake1005

I could just have my id sent to one of my girlfriend's family members house if necessary. Which it seems like it will be. Thanks for all your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">