• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrants Search: How?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albatross

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma.
A lot of online companies exist that can find out if I have an outstanding warrant. How is it that I cannot find out on my own without having to pay for the information? How do these companies get all that inside information on me, anyhow?

CdwJava

albatross said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma.
A lot of online companies exist that can find out if I have an outstanding warrant. How is it that I cannot find out on my own without having to pay for the information? How do these companies get all that inside information on me, anyhow?
They can only find out that information they receive pursuant to a request for public records. if they can find that information on a public web site (some counties list warrants on the web) or through court records, then YOU can get the same info. They also likely have a contract with the county that allows them to pay for this information at a rate similar or slightly better than you might get.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">