• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrent in a different state..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xith

What is the name of your state? Oregon/Ohio

I'm on probation in Ohio, and it was transfered to Oregon (I moved there), I was recently arrested for another charge and released. I have court this coming monday to sign my plea agreement, does anyone know if they will serve the warrent on me from ohio when I go to court on Monday?

Any advice would be helpful.. Thanks

Michelle

magic55

No one here can tell you that. What are the charges? You should take care of the ohio warrant or it will chase you around your whole life.

xith

The warrent is out for failure to comply (my probation) but even that wasn't my fault. Oregon's probation department is very unprofessional. I haven't been able to get ahold of either probation officer in Oregon or Ohio. I guess i'll just go and see what happens, maybe the judge will take pity, heh.

Thanks for the reply.

Michelle

S

shell007

xith said:
The warrent is out for failure to comply (my probation) but even that wasn't my fault. Oregon's probation department is very unprofessional. I haven't been able to get ahold of either probation officer in Oregon or Ohio. I guess i'll just go and see what happens, maybe the judge will take pity, heh.

Thanks for the reply.

Michelle
Hopefully not...ONE LESS CRIMINAL ON THE STREETS would be a blessing!!

garrula lingua

Unless it's a felony, they probably won't try to hold you, especially if you've been appearing in that court with the warrant outstanding.
Generally, the Prosecutor or the arresting agency act on the warrant (request arrest til the St responds as to whether they will pk you up).
Court staff, alas, usu stink at reading rap sheets.

However, the Judge (at Prosecutor's request), or bailiff can take you into custody and hold you for several days, waiting for Oregon to respond (yea or no) as to whether they will come pick you up.

Any time you get stopped for anything, you can be arrested on that warrant, and held in jail (over and over & your car can be towed).
Take care of the darned warrant - go back to Oregon & straighten it out, even if you have to do some jail time (at least you'll have some control over when you're in jail).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">