• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrent and entrance to the bar question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frenchie

Warrant and entrance to the bar question

What is the name of your state?
I was hoping someone could tell me if having an outstanding warrant for a FTA in court for a misdemeanor charge could affect my chances of being admitted to the bar. I am considering going to law school and just found out that i have an outstanding warrent for a charge of which I plead not guilty. Any advice?

Last edited:

justalayman

I don't know if it would keep you out but it surely shows your lack of "insight and understanding" of the law.

Frenchie

I very much understand that it could be seen as having a lack of "insight and understanding" of the law, but it was many years ago now and I have since grown and am very much a law abiding citizen. I was very shocked to find out that I had a warrant out for my arrest and was never told by the court that I was charged with a FTA. But thank you for your thoughts.

Just Blue

Frenchie said:
What is the name of your state?
I was hoping someone could tell me if having an outstanding warrent for a FTA in court for a misdemeanor charge could affect my chances of being admitted to the bar. I am considering going to law school and just found out that i have an outstanding warrent for a charge of which I plead not guilty. Any advice?

Gee..what do you think?????????????????? :rolleyes:

weenor

You need to take care of the charge in Idaho first as it may not be an issue. If you are found guilty check with bar association in the state where you plan to practice. Of course you will have to disclose any charge on law school applications, so again get this out of the away before you start the process.

Frenchie

Thank you for the sound advice. Like I said I had no idea about this until I called the court out of curiosity. I received a letter when this initally occured indicating that the court had dropped all charges, so I was very suprised to find out now, nearly 7 years later I have a warrant out for my arrest!
Thank you all for any advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">