• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrent for not appearing in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tbirdbell

illinois - in august of 2002 my boyfriend and i had a dispute and i called the police because i wanted him to leave

he left before they got there and they put a warrent out for his arrest, neither of us had no idea because if was the first time and the police didn't inform me that he would have a warrent issued

in january 2003 an officer informed us that he did have a warrent, so he went to jail and paid his bond to get out

i went to the courthouse and informed the judge that i never wanted to press charges in the first place so he told me to go to his court appearance to get the charges dropped

a few months later i moved and they sent his court papers to my old add. though he never lived there and had his own add. they sent them there and he never got them

last week the same officer informed us that he now had a warrent for not appearing in court

i was wanting to know if there was any way that i could talk to someone to get the warrent dropped since i dont want to file charges because his bond is 5000 dollars and i dont have the 500 dollars to get him out

we are expecting anther baby any day now and i dont want him to be in jail when it gets here for something that happend almost a year ago

H

hexeliebe

he left before they got there and they put a warrent out for his arrest, neither of us had no idea because if was the first time and the police didn't inform me that he would have a warrent issued
The police are under no obligation to inform you of anything.

i was wanting to know if there was any way that i could talk to someone to get the warrent dropped since i dont want to file charges because his bond is 5000 dollars and i dont have the 500 dollars to get him out
Sure you could, but it won't happen. You have no standing since this is not a matter between the state and your boyfriend.

Tell him to hire an attorney. Because you're out of it now.

HomeGuru

tbirdbell said:
illinois - in august of 2002 my boyfriend and i had a dispute and i called the police because i wanted him to leave

in january 2003 an officer informed us that he did have a warrent, so he went to jail and paid his bond to get out

i went to the courthouse and informed the judge that i never wanted to press charges in the first place so he told me to go to his court appearance to get the charges dropped

a few months later i moved and they sent his court papers to my old add. though he never lived there and had his own add. they sent them there and he never got them

last week the same officer informed us that he now had a warrent for not appearing in court

we are expecting anther baby any day now and i dont want him to be in jail when it gets here for something that happend almost a year ago
**A: there is a lot more to this story.

H

hexeliebe

Well, considering some of the parents I've seen in the back hills, IT could very well be an IT :D

T

tbirdbell

we dont know what we are having yet

to all the stupid a**holes who were tripping because i called the baby an it , it's because i don't know if IT is a boy or girl yet

H

hexeliebe

Well it takes 2.3 seconds to type "the baby" and .78 seconds to type "it". Now, elementary mathematics tells us that's a difference of 1.52 seconds. Not a lot to ask to state your case clearely.

And regardless, my answer remains the same. You have no dog in this fight any longer. Once you made the charges the state was obligated to bring the matter before the court.

Now it's between him and the state.

T

tbirdbell

shows how much you know

obviously you dont know alot about the law

because yesterday i talked to the states attorney and his warrent was dropped it looks to me like you need to do somemore research before you try to give advice because obviously you dont know what your talking about

H

hexeliebe

And did you ask the state's attorney WHY he dropped the warrant?

How much would you like to bet it's because you refused to testify.

O.K. Smart one, tell me now, if the state's attorney doesn't have a witness what is he going to do? DROP THE WARRANT!!!

Well that's a big duh!....

The only germain fact is that you did not get the warrant dropped. The STATE decided to drop the warrant when you punked out and decided to remain a punching bag for your loser man.

Case Closed.

T

tbirdbell

how stupid are you

for one he never hit me we were just arguing

for two i didn't tell the attorney that i wasn't gonna testify he dropped the warrent because it was there fault that they sent the court papers to the wrong add.

so for now on like i said don't give advice if you dont know what the hell your talking about b****

H

hexeliebe

Oh, this is going to be good.

See you in a couple of weeks when a new warrant is issued :D:D:D

And by the way, it's not Bit ch, it's Ba$trd :D

nurse_nan

Try growing up and acting like a mature adult. Sensible people don't call the police every time they argue with their significant other. If you call the police, they are going to act on it. So leave them out of your petty arguments and reserve calling them for the time when you are in actual danger. Crying wolf can leave you high and dry when you need help the most.

Rochelle

I work for a police department, and it really pisses me off when women use us as their referees. You wanted him out so you called us, and then thought nothing of it. Do you realize how many domestic violence calls we get? It's a serious crime and while you're calling us about an "argument" somewhere a woman is getting the crap beat out of her for real. You wanted us to handle him because you were mad, and then you two play kissy-face and everything is supposed to be ok.

We have a poster here that shows a flower covered coffin and reads "He beat her 151 times. She only got flowers this one time." Think about it before you waste our time again.

T

tbirdbell

whatever

i guess people always put their two cents in where it doesn't belong especially when they don't know what they are talking about

i called the police because i didn't want it to turn into a fight my mother and step father have been fighting for the last 14 years of their lives

i am only 18 and my baby was only 4 months old at the time and i know what can happen just because of a heated arguement

so yes i did call the police so that i it wouldn't turn into anything else

so as for the person who says they work on the police force i guess you guys dont do your jobs because my step father has NEVER been arrested all because his brother is an officer

so do me a favor instead of downing me go catch real people who need to be in jail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">