• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrent out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B Meyer

What is the name of your state? Florida

My daughter had a DUI last November and had 6 months probation and need DUI school, community service and fines paid before she was able to receive a hardship licence. She was putting those things in order when she got behind the wheel of her car to drive less than one mile to a friends house to get a ride to school. This was not the first time she had done that, but figured the road was private so she couldn't get in trouble.

The brakes failed and she had a finder bender at the first stop sign. The police were called and her boyfriend came to the scene so that she could get to school. She didn't think it was a big deal because there really was no damage. A couple of days later I received a phone call from a sheriff deputy saying that she had fled the scene as well as not having a valid drivers licence and needed to call. She did the next morning and was told that she'd receive something in the mail if it was to be pursued.

In the meantime, she has not driven and is still working off community service and looking for insurance for when her licence is valid again. Yesterday we got notification in the mail regarding her tickets - we had no idea she was issued tickets. These also did not show up on a drivers record that she got in April.

Kelly called her probation officer this morning and found out that she has a warrent out for her arrest. We don't know what to do, please advise.

Thanks,

averad

Turn her self in or consult your legal representation

o and you are harboring a fugitive.

Last edited:

B Meyer

Florida

Can you tell me what will happen? Will she have to go to jail? Can I get her right out? Will it require bail?

kbm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">