• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warrents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crawdad_6201

i live in the state of iowa and i was told i have a warrent from 3 years ago for amvlus I made payments then i didnt continue to pay it off. i have a heart condition and use machines at night when i sleep. the officer that told me i had the warrent said the fine is about $1950.00 he told me when they get that high they dont let you oay them off that i would most likely spend a night in jail, but with my condition i cant. what can and or should i do.

Son of Slam

I guess paying the fine is just out of the question. How portable is your machine? Think maybe Bubba could get your heart going?

C

cenami

As far as I know.

It would seem to me that making payments is a option once you are before a judge. If you have a bench warrent you will prob. need to get a lawyer to get a apperence.
And will they put you in jail. YES they do what they want. BUT it makes a big liability for them for you to be there.
The system dosent like liability...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">