• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We are in BIG trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tonda1114

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I hope this is'nt too long, Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Last week my daughter came to help me with a remodeling project, afterwords we went to one of our local bars ( very small town Iowa- entire county is 8,000) we arrived @ 9:30 p.m. left @ 12:30. Visited with some locals including a part time jailer at the sherriffs office Nice people but a little rowdy for me ( remember this line) Some of the girls were having boobie showing contests, including the jailer. This turned my daughter off and we had had plenty to drink so we left. Now the good part- got home and had another beer and my daughter decided she wanted to go home, she lives an hour from us so I told her absolutely not, she became aggitated and said she'd walk, I sent my husband on foot to go find her when the jailer girl pulled up and asked him what he was doing walking at 2 oclock in the morning, he explained daughter was drunk and took off on foot, she took it upon herself to call her sherriff friends to see if maybe they had picked her up, She came back past my house as I was in the driveway, she told me that my husband had found her and they were not quite a block up the street, told me to hop in and we'd go get them. ( big mistake) when we got there my husband, daughter and 2 deputees were standing on the sidewalk. Jailer girl said she go tell them that she'd give them a ride back to my house, I remained in car. The next thing I know my daughter is hollering at this girl that she didnt know her and get away from her, the 2 deputees tackle my daughter to the ground and she's screaming that they are hurting her and she cant breathe ( she has had asthma since birth) I jump out of the car and start hollering at them (another mistake) one of the officers came after me and stated now I was under arrest, I was backing away from him stating that that was wrong and that they were hurting her, he got ahold of my arm and twisted so fiercly ( I later learned he called it a wrist lock) then from nowhere another officer slammed me to the ground. By this time my daughter is gasping,begging for her inhaler, they get us to the jail which was about a block and a half away and my daughter was struggling to breathe, I begged them to get her purse and they stated they didnt have it. I begged them to call rescue and they said she was just faking it, I plead, begged, cried and cussed them and they continued to say she was faking it.this went on for 23 minutes they finally called rescue when she passed out and hit the floor, rescue arrived appox. 2 min later and my daughter was'nt breathing and would not respond to painful stimuli, they rushed her to hospital where med records state she was barely breathing. They gave her albuterol treatments and thank god she is fine. In the meantime nobody is telling me condition of my daughter or letting me get a phone call out of there, they bring her back to the jail 4 hours later and leave her in the booking room alone, she ran out the door and to a house to ask if she could use their phone, made some phone calls and took herself back to the jail. We both have several cuts and abrasions, my daughter has 2 black eyes and I have 1 black eye. WE had a hospital take the pic's. She has a sprained wrist and I have nerve damage in both hands from the handcuffs, they say it may or may not straighten itself out. Now we have several charges, Myself- public intoxication, obstruction of justice, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer. Daughter- same as above as well as escape. they are calling both assault and escape serious misdemeanors. My problem is this I have called attorneys and they want a min. of 7,500 to start. I dont have that kind of money. I'm not saying we are innocent of all charges but certainly of most. I dont know what my girl was thinking by hollering at 2 in the morning but I certainly could'nt just sit there and keep my mouth shut. I did not assault anyone. Neither one of us has ever been in this kind of trouble before, daughter not so much as a parking ticket. Can I go to the county atty. and try to resolve this with a plea bargain or our we just screwed? Oh did I mention that now the deputees admit to turning on the wrong camera in the sherrifs office during the 23 min. of my daughter struggling to breathe, they say they realized it just before they called for rescue,and turned proper camera on, they say they called them at 2:37 rescue received call at 2:53 according to their logs. ANY advice would be most helpful. Sorry for this being so long, there is even more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">