• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is a citizens arrest re: mistaken indecent exposure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cblue

What is the name of your state? MN

My fiance was wrongly accused of indecent exposure: some ladies in a common area 150 ft away *thought* they saw him wanking through the bedroom window (3rd floor) when he was in fact in underwear and scratching, thinking he couldnt really be seen.

Anyway, cops took a statement and the lady made a "citizens arrest" - my fiance is supposed to go to court to plead.

Has he been "charged with a crime" or no? The police didn't bring charges, the lady did, there was no warrant, no arrest, nothing. All he got was a "violations summons".

If this wasn't ridiculous enough, he then got a notice to vacate his apt in 10 days, for violating the no-crime proviso of the lease. I mean, 1: he didnt commit a crime, and 2: I am unsure he was even charged with a crime by the police.

Does anyone know what exactly a "citizens arrest" is?

And also, this is so ridiculous, is it possible to get the charge dropped prior to the court date? I mean, easy to prove the ladies couldnt see clearly from that distance, with obstructions.

Can we charge the lady with staring into the bedroom window and invading his privacy?

thanks for any suggestions.

HomeGuru

cblue said:
What is the name of your state? MN

My fiance was wrongly accused of indecent exposure: some ladies in a common area 150 ft away *thought* they saw him wanking through the bedroom window (3rd floor) when he was in fact in underwear and scratching, thinking he couldnt really be seen.

Anyway, cops took a statement and the lady made a "citizens arrest" - my fiance is supposed to go to court to plead.

Has he been "charged with a crime" or no? The police didn't bring charges, the lady did, there was no warrant, no arrest, nothing. All he got was a "violations summons".

If this wasn't ridiculous enough, he then got a notice to vacate his apt in 10 days, for violating the no-crime proviso of the lease. I mean, 1: he didnt commit a crime, and 2: I am unsure he was even charged with a crime by the police.

Does anyone know what exactly a "citizens arrest" is?

And also, this is so ridiculous, is it possible to get the charge dropped prior to the court date? I mean, easy to prove the ladies couldnt see clearly from that distance, with obstructions.

Can we charge the lady with staring into the bedroom window and invading his privacy?

**A: you sill get some responses soon.

V

v_day_baby

hmmm, it seems that "indecent exposure" in MN is only a misdemeanor...in many states (do not know if MN is included) for a "citizen's arrest" to be valid, the crime has to be a felony...have you tried calling the agency who ticketed your fiance???

Son of Slam

cblue said:

Your husband was getting a thrill by masturbating in front of some ladies and one of them made a citizens arrest. This means that he pissed off the lady and sense no police officer saw him do it, she made the arrest with the help of a policeman. Yes, he was arrested. Yes, he will face charges. Yes, maybe you should move before he gets his ass kicked. Yes, the trick to doing this kind of thing is to only have the kind of ladies that like to watch "catch" you.

H

hexeliebe

What is Indecent Exposure?

That's an easy one. It's me running naked with the bulls and they stop, point and laugh :(

C

cblue

Son of Slam - I dont know what kind of self esteem issues you have, but I appreciate and respect adults, not morons who think it makes them powerful and big to disrespect others.

You may think you are smart, but I pity you - you clearly lack the maturity to communicate with other adults in a constructive, respectful and non confrontational way.

He didn't DO it, and it can be proved that the ladies could not have seen it. I do not appreciate assumptions made by narrow minded people with little big-man syndrome.

My advice to you? Seek counselling, and get that chip of your shoulder. I don't think my finace is the idiot here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">