• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are conflict of interest reasons in regards to public defenders represention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pirategirl68

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
hi. in court today, my friend's public defender asked to be released from representing my friend due to a conflict of interest. he doesn't have a co-defendant, so what other reasons do they consider conflicts of interest. thanks for your input!

TigerD

They could be representing someone else in another case that he is implicated in.

Really, there isn't enough information here to do more than make guesses. Perhaps you should ask your friend.

DC

pirategirl68

what are conflict of interest reasons in regards to public defenders representation?

They could be representing someone else in another case that he is implicated in.

Really, there isn't enough information here to do more than make guesses. Perhaps you should ask your friend.

DC
he doesn't know. then when the alternate p.d. was asked why, she claimed she didn't know as well. he asked for a copy of the police report and she said no about that, too. so, we were just curious what other possibilities it could be. thanks for your reply. I appreciate your time

latigo

hi. in court today, my friend's public defender asked to be released from representing my friend due to a conflict of interest. he doesn't have a co-defendant, so what other reasons do they consider conflicts of interest. thanks for your input!
Could be a present or past social or professional association with the complainant or someone on the prosecutor’s witness list. But does it really matter?

Moreover it does not need to be disclosed publicly.

dave33

It could be anything.There is no way to tell unless the old p.d. tells you directly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">