• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the difference?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freaknyea

What is the name of your state? Ohio

What is the difference between obstruction of justice and obstruction of official business?

Do misdemeaners ruin your record for a job in the future?

and... Do you have to go pick up a citation from an officer at his office or can he just mail it to you? The officer says I have topick it up or they will put out an arrest warrent.

Thank you.

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Ohio

What is the difference between obstruction of justice and obstruction of official business?
Not all government business is pursuit of justice. Justice is things like criminal investigation and law enforcement. Obstrution of official business is a lesser charge that generally means you interfered with the official (frequently the police) in other official duties.
Do misdemeaners ruin your record for a job in the future?
Depends on the job. If you're trying to get into law enforcement an obstruction charge is going to be important. If you're a movie star or a politician, it's less important.
and... Do you have to go pick up a citation from an officer at his office or can he just mail it to you? The officer says I have topick it up or they will put out an arrest warrent.
I don't think anything precludes them from mailing it to you, but nothing precludes them from issuing a warrant either. They are probably making things easier on both of you by asking you to come down. They probably want to get the "booking" out of the way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">