• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Law Dragon

MD My son was charged with destruction of public property. The result was a plea bargain for a misdemeanor with 2 years supervised probation plus$1200.00 fine in restitution. I’m looking to have that changed to a 2 years unsupervised probation so he can leave the state to visit or live with his children in Colorado. What do you suggest?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

Presumably your son is an adult. YOU can't change anything. He can make the request to the probation department. Supervised probation doesn't bar him travelling to see his children, he just needs to have it approved by the PO. I've never heard of a reasonable request refused to someone who was in good standing on his probation. Now moving will most likely require the probation to be transfered. That will take the effort of both the MD and CO probation departments. Unsupervised probation doesn't give you free rein to do whatever he wants. There are still probation conditions.

dave33

The only way to change supervised to unsupervised is to complete all the terms that require supervision. He will have to pay restitution in full and any other sanctions including community service and court costs etc... Than he should have a good chance when requested. Usually completing all sanctions is the determining factor. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">