• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do? Where do I start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlmostRetired

What is the name of your state? MD
About a week and a half ago I found a car on EBAY. Contacted the individual selling the car. He reposnded to me that he would sell me the car for $85,000....which is about the going wholesale rate on the car. I told him that would be fine with me. We made up a sales contract. The contract was signed by both parties, but not notarized. He gave me a copy of his drivers license and a copy of the title via fax to prove his identity etc. I sent him a wire for the funds...which explicitly in the instructions stated fort payment of the vehicle. He was supposed to drop the car off at the shipper last thursday...and has not contacted me nor has he followed through on his end. What should I do from here...I don't know where to start?!?!?!?!?
Thanks in advance

ENASNI

AlmostRetired said:
What is the name of your state? MD
About a week and a half ago I found a car on EBAY. Contacted the individual selling the car. He reposnded to me that he would sell me the car for $85,000....which is about the going wholesale rate on the car. I told him that would be fine with me. We made up a sales contract. The contract was signed by both parties, but not notarized. He gave me a copy of his drivers license and a copy of the title via fax to prove his identity etc. I sent him a wire for the funds...which explicitly in the instructions stated fort payment of the vehicle. He was supposed to drop the car off at the shipper last thursday...and has not contacted me nor has he followed through on his end. What should I do from here...I don't know where to start?!?!?!?!?
Thanks in advance
You made a transaction on the internet for $85.000 and you do not know what to do from here?

Yup, I can believe it.

MoneyShot

Was this car by chance coming from Nigeria? I have many contacts there who are processing forgotten inheritances for me, sending me lottery winnings, and with whom I am working to transfer untold sums of money in secret trunks belonging to former government leaders. :eek: I'd be happy to ask them to check into where your car is. (I'm gonna be soooo rich I can hardly wait! There's just that small fee I need to send them...) :D :p

outonbail

AlmostRetired said:
What should I do from here...I don't know where to start?!?!?!?!?
Thanks in advance
AlmostRetired, you may want to look into buying a bus pass, since purchasing a car for that much money, by relying on faxed documents in order to validate whether or not your dealing with a legitimate source, is AlmostRetarded!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">