• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Do I Plea???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LostemmA

I have been arrested for assaulting a police officer and public intoxication. I am a first offender that just turned 18. I have no juvenile record. I am out on bond. What should I plea?:confused:

HomeGuru

LostemmA said:
I have been arrested for assaulting a police officer and public intoxication. I am a first offender that just turned 18. I have no juvenile record. I am out on bond. What should I plea?:confused:
**A: an idiotic with an explanation.

B

Boxcarbill

LostemmA said:
Not guilty. It will save the judge time at the arraignment hearing if you plead, "not guilty."

Otherwise the drill will go like this.

Judge: How do you plead?
Accused: Not guilty.
J: Do you have an attorney?
A: No, sir?
[blah, blah, blah blah]
J: All right, then. I going to enter a plea of not guilty for you at this time and give you an opportunity to visit with your lawyer. If after visiting with your lawyer, you still want to enter a plea of guilty, then I will accept it.
A; Huh?
J: You need to go over all this with your lawyer. I'm going to enter a plea of "not guilty" for you until then. Next.

[Then hire a lawyer. Or if you cannot afford attorney address request that the court appoint you one at the arraingment hearing.]

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">