• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Does The Term 'deposed' Mean?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mr. Naive

What is the name of your state? NY

i have seen instances in searching the forum for information on subpoenas, where people have stated that they were deposed.

i just need a clear definition of the term, or a pointer to where it has been defined elsewhere.

thx

mr. naive

M

Mr. Naive

@ rmet4nzkx
no, i just came on board here, and expect everyone else to do all the research for me. why don't you give it a rest mr. mason. this is the second response from you that has been less than polite, and assumptive in nature.

obviously i searched the forums, but have you taken the time to view the volumes of threads and responses to questions that exist here. since you seem to be so familiar with everything here, why not show a lil bit of patience and civility to someone who is not a regular participant here, and stop acting like a drill seargent's wife.

do you see the way YAG provides a curteous but concise reply, you could take a lesson. if it is too much for you to excercise a modicum of civility, then maybe you should stop trying to 'help'.

@ YAG
thanks again for the links. researching em now.

mr. naive

Last edited:

justalayman

rmet4nzkx
no, i just came on board here, and expect everyone else to do all the research for me. why don't you give it a rest mr. mason. this is the second response from you that has been less than polite, and assumptive in nature.
Apparently you do want others to do ALL of your research. This is a simple definition you are asking for.

obviously i searched the forums, but have you taken the time to view the volumes of threads and responses to questions that exist here. since you seem to be so familiar with everything here, why not show a lil bit of patience and civility to someone who is not a regular participant here, and stop acting like a drill seargent's wife.
No need to search the forums. If you googled it, you would have recieved your answer with much less typing than it took to post the query here. You need to think outside of the box sometimes. When I think of definitions, the first thing I think of is "dictionary". That is where I think most intelligent people would begin their research. Just a common sense thing. (I apologize if you do not have any common sense and take insult to that last statement. Some people do suffer from the lack of common sense and I have no desire to insult them. They cannot help themselves.)

do you see the way YAG provides a curteous but concise reply, you could take a lesson. if it is too much for you to excercise a modicum of civility, then maybe you should stop trying to 'help'
I'm not sure I would take YAG's response as courteous. I tend to think of it as more insulting. That link was designed to be insulting to those who refuse to take on the simplest of tasks. (you fit into this group at the moment). rmet's response was every bit as informative as YAG's. You were simply asked a question along with being given the absolutely correct and concise response.

Now if you has wanted to be as courteous as you expect others to be, you might have responded to rmet with something like: Thanks for the link rmet, I am new to this and have no idea where to start looking for the answers. I will put that link in my bookmarked sites so I never need to ask for a explanation regarding simple and common legal definitions again. Have a good day ma'am.

But NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! you had to get offensive with a person who did give you the correct, and let me remind you, free and of their own desire to perform acts of goodwill to others, response.

outonbail

do you see the way YAG provides a curteous but concise reply, you could take a lesson. if it is too much for you to excercise a modicum of civility, then maybe you should stop trying to 'help'.

@ YAG
thanks again for the links. researching em now.

mr. naive
ROFLMAO,

wow,

too funny!

Love that courteous and concise link too,,,,,, well,,, it's concise anyway.

M

Mr. Naive

Hummmm, I can see why you are being divorced.
so... in your world, asking a question, without first researching to see if the question has already been asked, is grounds for divorce huh. tell me, what planet is this that you live on.

i've been married for over 33 years, probably longer than you've been breathing (same thing i said to the other expert on marriage), how long have you been married, have you ever been married?

typical know it all response from a person with nothing better to do than to haunt these forums day in and day out, pretending to be another perry mason. at least i have a resaon for being here, what's yours.

like i said before, there must be a guild or something that some of you people have joined. outonbail, weenor, justalayman, your screen names seem quite fitting.

well, i guess i asked for it, i was naive enough to imagine that there were some legal professionals on this board who would direct an inquiry to the appropriate source of information, but mostly what i'm finding is shut ins with little or no other activities other than trying to make themselves feel good by belittling others.

in short you people are living (and i use that term very loosely) proof that you get what you pay for. i've just retained the services of counsel, and he's looked at this.

his comment was that "these people are idiots", and that "i shouldn't take advice from any of them", his words, and words that i think i'm gonna follow.

this was interesting though, to say the least. there lots of really screwed up people running around on the internet, and it seems as if a lot of em have found their way here.

sorry, i've really got more important things to do than to join you in the sewer that you mistake for a life. you've been moving around in the toilet of human excrement so long, it seems to have rubbed off on you. your ways and mannerisms have become that of the human feces that populates the toilet.if this is the best you can do, sit around and indulge yourself in the negatives of life, well, that in itself is sentence enough for you.

but i look at this as a learning experience, i'm a lil less naive about a few things since i came here. not so much more enlightened about the legal aspects of anything, but i definitely have gained some insights as to the personalities and types that haunt these forums.

mr. not so naive any more

rmet4nzkx

If you read the directions for this forum, you would have known to search the data base of questions answered by attorneys and you would have found your answers ther, then you could have gone to the appropriate forum to ask your divorce questions before your time to answer ran out.

We don't do homework.

You have expected to be waited on hand and foot for 33 years, at least your attitude indicates such. I gave you the accurate answer to your question but apparently you didn't even bother to click on either link because if you had, you would have noticed that the only person you thanked called you a "MORON" and you still don't get it.

It doesn't matter how old I am or how long I have been married or my CV. But I will say that I am old enough to have had 2 careers,( a post doctral education), one in the legal field, raised 2 (two) sons, who are well rounded, educated and competent and have 3 (three) grand daughters.

AT least 2 (two) of the members who responded to you are attorneys, another an expert witness.

It is good that you have retained counsel, because it is clear that you need it and by all means, print out all your threads here and allow him to read your Q&A that will give him an idea how you will respond in court during litigation.

outonbail

Mr. Naive said:
http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/a/01217-2.jpg
talk to the hand baby... you know the rest...

ya see, people can act just as stoooooopid as you.

mr. not so naive anymore

Mr. Still Naive,
I find it difficult to believe that any woman would consider divorcing a man blessed with such an elutriated character, as that which you’ve displayed here.

So tell me, did she refuse to talk to the hand or did she find it down another partner's pants?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">