• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to expect for FTA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CDC_E50924

What is the name of your state? CA

i had fines for 2 speeding tickets that were not paid. i didnt go to court on the scheduled date, so i rescheduled twice for both of them, which i didnt go to. failure to appear warrants were issued.... so basically my questions are, when i reschedule court dates for both of the tickets, what could be my sentencing if i cant pay for either of the tickets ($1,000+ each)? what, if anything else, could i expect?

JarMow

Uh Oh

CDC_E50924 said:

i had fines for 2 speeding tickets that were not paid. i didnt go to court on the scheduled date, so i rescheduled twice for both of them, which i didnt go to. failure to appear warrants were issued.... so basically my questions are, when i reschedule court dates for both of the tickets, what could be my sentencing if i cant pay for either of the tickets ($1,000+ each)? what, if anything else, could i expect?
You miss the original date, reschedule not once but TWICE and blow both of those? You can bet the judge isn't too happy with you. You definately have a bench warrant out for your arrest, for multiple FTA and probably contempt of court. Not too bright, eh?

If you thought you couldn't pay those tickets, you now most likely have late fees on the tickets added to original amount. You better hope you will be able to work some sort of payment plan out with the judge.

Your a fugitive from the law. Go and talk with the D.A. immediately.

CdwJava

Not to mention that annoying license suspension that will result in the loss of any car he drives for 30 days.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

Q: what, if anything else, could i expect?

A: Jail. Judges are very sensitive and get their feelings hurt when you do not respond to their nice invitations.

Jails are so over crowded, I really don't think you will do jail time at all. A felony yes, but this would not warrant jail time.

CDC_E50924 said:

Anything else to expect? Well, I could say for fact that if you drive in Carl's town and you can be expected to be bust by Carl.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">