• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is the length of an arrest warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naymma_disuki

In Washington State does anyone know how long a warrent last when you do not appear in court? I mean till you cannot get arrested for it, also if it is only for the State of Washington or if it is nation wide that you can be arrested for a warrent?

Isis1

In Washington State does anyone know how long a warrent last when you do not appear in court? I mean till you cannot get arrested for it, also if it is only for the State of Washington or if it is nation wide that you can be arrested for a warrent?
an arrest warrant stays on your record until you take care of it. it doesn't go away. depending on the warrant, you can be arrested in any state.

CdwJava

Ditto.

A warrant remains until recalled or served. If extradition is requested, they can be served in ANY state or territory of the United States, and potentially in other nations as well.

- Carl

racer72

In 1953 a King County court issued an arrest warrant for a then young man. In 2006, a much older gentleman was pulled over for a minor traffic offense. The 53 year old warrant surface and the guy was arrested. He spent a couple days in jail then was released.

Ditto.

A warrant remains until recalled or served. If extradition is requested, they can be served in ANY state or territory of the United States, and potentially in other nations as well.

- Carl
THAT'S good to know. However I have a warrant out for a pest for aggravated harassment and I heard it may only stay active for 6 months or a year. The issue date is April of this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">