• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the meaning of "Reasonable amount of time" for an extradition.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreemzrreal

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Alaska
Can anyone tell me what the official time is or the meaning for the term "reasonable amount of time" as used in extradition? My fiance is being held in the state of Alaska awaiting extradition to Alabama for 2 warrants in that state. #1- Violation of Parole. #2- No reason is given for second warrant. He has been in jail for going on 6 weeks and has not received a preliminary hearing nor has he been given a bail hearing. He really doesnt know what his rights are right now or how long this limbo land can last. He knows he has to take responsibility for his actions and we both agree that getting this put behind us is what we really want, but he is truly sitting in limbo. We want them to either let him out here in Alaska and we will go back to Alabama on our own and face the situation. (This would give us the opportunity to get our things here packed up and taken care of. I am by myself otherwise) OR we want him to get sent back to Alabama NOW. Or soon at least. Or even just give us some time tables here. He was told he could get bonded out and when we got to the bond hearing and as we walked into the courtroom a clerk stopped us and told us the hearing was cancelled because they had just realized he had signed a waiver of Extradition when he was being paroled. He didnt even know that he had signed it. They still have not shown any waiver though. Everything in his case seems to being done dirty. Or at least it really looks like they have made so many mistakes and when they started realizing them they tried to put it all under the rug. They even rushed him off to Anchorage the day after the hearing was supposed to be telling us it was because Alabama was on there way. That was 10 days ago. His public defender has only spoken to him for possibly 20 minutes total for the whole 6 weeks he has been there and won't talk to anyone else. She is defiantly not helping him, but we are afraid if we fire her, he will get really lost in the system and have no hope at all. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME..........
There is so much more going on here but this is simple explanation of where we are right now.

Son of Slam

Can anyone tell me what the official time is or the meaning for the term "reasonable amount of time"

***The jail will probably draw a subsistence for the time he is there and they will have the satisfaction of knowing that he is getting some of the punishment that he deserves but was trying to avoid. Therefore all are well with it taking as long as possible.

My fiance is being held in the state of Alaska awaiting extradition to Alabama for 2 warrants in that state. #1- Violation of Parole. #2- No reason is given for second warrant.

***The parole violation will keep him. The second is probably no surprise to your boyfriend.

He has been in jail for going on 6 weeks and has not received a preliminary hearing nor has he been given a bail hearing.

***Let's not rush things, Alaska is enjoying his stay.

He really doesn't know what his rights are right now

***He has the right to remain silent.

how long this limbo land can last... he is truly sitting in limbo.

***Limbo lower now...how low can he go

We want them to either let him out here in Alaska...OR we want him to get sent back to Alabama NOW.

***You go girl!

His public defender has only spoken to him for possibly 20 minutes total for the whole 6 weeks he has been there

***Time in jail = +$ Time with PD = -$

She is defiantly not helping him,

***Duh...You think?

There is so much more going on here but this is simple explanation of where we are right now

***Please tell us more.

D

dreemzrreal

for s.o.s. 4 wreel dudimous...

I am in Alaska. Thanks so much for being straight with me. I really hope that it doesnt turn out so extremly negive that I loose every ounce of respect I may still have left for the legal staffs of this country. Since this whole thing has started I have noticed myself feeling more and more postal.

Last edited:

Son of Slam

dreemzrreal said:
I am in Alaska. Thanks so much for being straight with me. I really hope that it doesnt turn out so extremly negive that I loose every ounce of respect I may still have left for the legal staffs of this country. Since this whole thing has started I have noticed myself feeling more and more postal.
***Your boyfriend did not respect the law or he would not be in this predicament. Perhaps he should be the one you are upset with? Going postal will not help.

G

GlassHouse

Illinois here.
Son of slam, do you really believe every one convicted is guilty? (no respect for the law)
Are you an attorney? If you are, and you believe the above, at last, I have figured out whats wrong with our system.

Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">