• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what sentencing can we expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jelly180

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

my 20-yr old son was just arrested. He went to a party, where it was decided that someone would go get some marijuana.

He was asked to drive, and he said yes. He went to start the car, and 2 acquaintances came out of the house with 2 rifles. My son suspected that they had stolen them from the house, but said nothing.

The 2 boys put the guns in the trunk, and directed my son to an apmt of a friend to buy the pot.

My son sat in the car, and did not even know which apmt they went into. The boys took the guns and exchanged them for the marijuana.
My son then drove back to the party.

A few days later, obviously the parents/owners of the house discovered the guns and some jewelry missing. After questioning their son as to the guests at the party, the police rounded up my son and a few others. To our knowledge, the 2 boys who stole the guns have not been found.

this is a first offense for my son. He made a stupid decision by agreeing to drive the boys, with firearms in the car. He has been charged with theft of property $1,000 - $10,000.

what can we expect when we take him in?
what type of sentence will he receive for his part in this?

will he serve time for a first offense?

thanks for your help -
worried mom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">