• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what should i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lolamatters

What is the name of your state?California

the other night i had just gotten back from being with friends. i was drunk. went inside the house and took off my pants to go to bed. while in my underwear i hear a knock at the door and it was the police.
i opened the door slightly being that i was in my underwear and there were two police men at the door.
apparently there was a noise complaint. a neighbor heard fighting and some noise. i told them i was by myself and there was nothing going on.
the police officer flashed a flash light in my face and opened the door even though i told them i was not properly dressed.
another officer came into the apartment uninvited and i was pulled out to the porch. on the porch i was man handled and arrested for ebing drunk in public.

im a tiny girl at home byherself in underwear yet bare foot and without pants was violently taken from my home and tossed in a police car by two police men.

the only time they gave me my pants back while i begged for them in tears was right before they put me in a cell and booked me.

how is this arrest justified?
i feel completely degraded and violated.

not only was i in underwear in my house but i was treated very poorly. what should i do?

CdwJava

If it was the officer's actions that caused you to be in public, then the elements of the offense were not met and you could be acquitted or your attorney could move to have the charged dropped ... IF charges are even filed.

The police had an obligation to make sure that nobody else was inside or injured if they received a call of a fight of some kind.

And I would guess that in your intoxicated state you came off with an attidue of some kind that ticked them off enough to arrest you. I doubt if you were being polite and cooperative they would have given the matter a second thought.

Could you have been so intoxicated that your recollection of your actions might be a little skewed?

If you are charged, speak to an attorney. if you felt the officers were out of line, contact their employing agency and ask to file a personnel complaint for their unprofessional conduct.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">