• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do for registration warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vman8126

What is the name of your state? Texas

I got a ticket while driving my company vehicle for "expired registration" however the registration had been already renewed, just that my company misplaced the new window sticker and registration info**************..Anyway, they finally found the registration, and I went to the ticket office twice before the due date (because I would be out of town on the actually court date) and both times was told the ticket was not turned in yet and just to come back at a later time**************. Well , I eventually forgot about it and just received a letter stating I have a warrant now and to mail in payment or face arrest**************..My question is, since I can show that the registration was not expired at the time of the ticket, should I call the court first?? And also is this the type of warrant they would actually come to look for me for?? Because I don't want to face being arrested if I go there especially when this whole thing was because of my company misplacing the renewed registration in the first place**************......Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

vman8126

Thanks for the quick response, however, I don't want to be arrested for going to the office is the point... Should I call first and see what they say?? I have no problem trying to take care of this but I would like to go there not fearing being arrested over a ticket that wasn't my fault in the first place******************************************...

JOliver

They will just tell you to turn yourself in or pay the fine.

So..pay the fine, then make your company reimburse you if it was their company vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">