• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what will cops do in this situation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tvbdude

What is the name of your state? MA

What will the cops do if I am learning how to drive in a big lot?

pella51

Laugh?

Is this big lot public or private property? Do you have permission of the property owner? Do you have a drivers license or a learners permit? Will you be accompanied by an adult with a drivers license?

HappyHusband

BelizeBreeze said:
Forget what the cops will say. What does Big Lots say? :rolleyes:
Big Lots Assistant Manager - "Young man, please stop running over our merchandise and customers.
And how did you get the car through the front doors?"

CdwJava

tvbdude said:
What will the cops do if I am learning how to drive in a big lot?
It depends ... as was asked, do you have a permit?

If you do not have a permit and the lot is someplace you otherwise have to have a license to drive, then you could be cited or arrested (as appropriate for the offense). The officers have no authority to give you permission to drive there, so don't expect that.

- Carl

CdwJava

tvbdude said:
I don't have a permit.
Then expect an arrest or citation and the possible impound of your vehicle (if MA law allows for impounds in this case).

Suggestion: Get a permit, and go drive with your parents!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">