• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Will Happen Most Likely?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imaginesld

State - Indiana

My ex-husband was arrested yesterday for 2 counts of forgery and 1 count of theft. I just found out he's addicted to crack (not part of the arrest) which would explain why he's resorted to forgery/theft. He is in jail this weekend - first offense - bond is set at 30,000 so he won't be getting out any time soon. What will happen? What is the sentence for this type of crime? I don't know any specifics of the charges since he denies he is involved in this. Thanks for your help.

Litigation!

imaginesld said:
State - Indiana

My ex-husband was arrested yesterday for 2 counts of forgery and 1 count of theft. I just found out he's addicted to crack (not part of the arrest) which would explain why he's resorted to forgery/theft. He is in jail this weekend - first offense - bond is set at 30,000 so he won't be getting out any time soon. What will happen? What is the sentence for this type of crime? I don't know any specifics of the charges since he denies he is involved in this. Thanks for your help.

My response:

Since you don't know the "specifics" and are making suppositions, then I'll make my own "supposition" - - he'll be in for a very, very, long time after he's convicted. And, who the hell are you kidding, anyway? You've known about his addictions, and his criminality all along. You're not the "innocent little Pixie" that you portray yourself to be! Just where did you think the money was coming from?

I'm glad. We don't need any druggies, and we certainly don't need thieves. I just wish they'd catch you, too. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

IAAL

Tara_ga37

Litigation! said:
My response:

Since you don't know the "specifics" and are making suppositions, then I'll make my own "supposition" - - he'll be in for a very, very, long time after he's convicted. And, who the hell are you kidding, anyway? You've known about his addictions, and his criminality all along. You're not the "innocent little Pixie" that you portray yourself to be! Just where did you think the money was coming from?

I'm glad. We don't need any druggies, and we certainly don't need thieves. I just wish they'd catch you, too. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

IAAL
Sheeeez ... real nice

Litigation!

Tara_ga37 said:
Sheeeez ... real nice

My response:

I presume by your remark that you like druggies and thieves. How would you like this idiot's husband to forge your information and cause YOU financial ruin? How would you like this idiot to pass drugs onto YOUR family? Hmmmm?

And, don't hand me that bull crap that this site is for legal advice, either. Sometimes, the stupidity gets way out of control with these liars, and we have to take the bull by the horns. So, don't hand me your crap.

IAAL

Tara_ga37

Litigation! said:
My response:

I presume by your remark that you like druggies and thieves. How would you like this idiot's husband to forge your information and cause YOU financial ruin? How would you like this idiot to pass drugs onto YOUR family? Hmmmm?

And, don't hand me that bull crap that this site is for legal advice, either. Sometimes, the stupidity gets way out of control with these liars, and we have to take the bull by the horns. So, don't hand me your crap.

IAAL
Lmao ... you're too mean . And ... my crap ? Have you read some of your post ? Good God ! I sure hope I never need " legal advice " .

Litigation!

Tara_ga37 said:
Lmao ... you're too mean . And ... my crap ? Have you read some of your post ? Good God ! I sure hope I never need " legal advice " .

My response:

Yeah, I know. You like thieves and druggies. You're also a woman, and your response is typical.

Yes, I sure hope you never need legal advice because you'd only want the advice that gives you a soft pillow and a warm blanket - - whether it's right or wrong.

I'll tell you what . . . Why don't you help this lying writer if you "feel" the inclination so much?

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

imaginesld said:
State - Indiana

Well, what will happen? You might ask his criminal defense or PD what is oging to happen. You can lookup the charges on the internet or check at the court house then you will be able to see the possible sentences. I have a feeling that is not your question. If he is in jail a long time or for any time at all, that will affect child support if you have any children, because he can't pay if he is sitting in jail and you are not going to pay his bail. Good thing you are already divorced.

imaginesld

To the first responder of my post....

If you would have taken the time to "correctly' read my post you would have noticed that I said, "ex-husband'; we've been divorced for 6 years. I do have a 7 year old son with him. And when you say I must have known where the money was coming from ...the fact is that he is recently homeless, jobless (from the crack addiction) and hasn't paid child support since a year after the divorce. And for some reason, I'm one of those people that will put my son's needs ahead of my desire for any kind of 'revenge' or to see anything horrible happen to him. Since yesterday, I have found out that there are now death threats against him from drug dealers to whom he owes money. (I have actual messages left on his cell phone which I was able to access since it was in my name.) I suppose jail is the best place for him to be right now. Just wondered what a typical jail term was so I know how to best prepare for telling my son.

Litigation!

imaginesld said:
If you would have taken the time to "correctly' read my post you would have noticed that I said, "ex-husband'; we've been divorced for 6 years. I do have a 7 year old son with him. And when you say I must have known where the money was coming from ...the fact is that he is recently homeless, jobless (from the crack addiction) and hasn't paid child support since a year after the divorce. And for some reason, I'm one of those people that will put my son's needs ahead of my desire for any kind of 'revenge' or to see anything horrible happen to him. Since yesterday, I have found out that there are now death threats against him from drug dealers to whom he owes money. (I have actual messages left on his cell phone which I was able to access since it was in my name.) I suppose jail is the best place for him to be right now. Just wondered what a typical jail term was so I know how to best prepare for telling my son.

My response:

Since you don't know the "specifics" and are making suppositions, then I'll make my own "supposition" - - he'll be in for a very, very, long time after he's convicted. And, who the hell are you kidding, anyway? You've known about his addictions, and his criminality all along. You're not the "innocent little Pixie" that you portray yourself to be!

IAAL

smutlydog

imaginesld said:
State - Indiana

I don't know how it works where you are. In Texas on a 2nd degree felony he would probably get 5 years probation if it was a first offence. If it was a second offence he would get 3-5 years in prison.
The thing is if he violates the terms of his probation he will get 5 years in prison.Depending on how bad his habit is he may be better off plea bargining for a short prison sentence.For addicts who refuse to stop it's actually a better deal.

I am just telling you how it would work in Texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">