• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When is my boyfriend safe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curious12345

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

This past March my boyfriend stole checks from a family member and cashed many. I was wondering how long before the warrant for his arrest is no longer active. Basically what is that statute of limitations on larsony :confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

curious12345 said:

This past March my boyfriend stole checks from a family member and cashed many. I was wondering how long before the warrant for his arrest is no longer active. Basically what is that statute of limitations on larsony :confused:

My response:

And you're still claiming this idiot as your boyfriend?

What's the matter? You're not worth better?

The warrant NEVER expires. He can run, but he can't hide - - forever.

IAAL

Geesh!

Minnesota
How old are you? Do you know that when he is arrested that you may
also be if you are with him? If you are with him you may go down for other crimes he commits also JUST for being with him. This boy is not your friend.
Have you ever heard of the word "NO" and the expression "C-YA" ???
Do you really want to go to jail or prison or get killed? Get rid of the boyfriend.
There really are a few nice ones out there but you have to look hard not just
jump into a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship without knowing the person for a
few years first. This guy is not a Prince, just another toad, so ignore this guy and MOVE ON. Maybe you could introduce him to a lowlife like himself who doesn't believe in working for an honest living. Just some ideas. If you are afraid of him ask your mom or guardian to get you an order for protection. I did it once for one of my daughter's and she didn't have to ask me either! She was 16 at the time. He is destroying your reputation within your family unit. Show them some Respect. (I did not say you have to like them.)
Respect Yourself and end this relationship. Good Luck~ Mary

O

okamsrazor

Wow bleedingheart, make some more assumptions why don't you! I especially like the part about the boyfriend forging checks leading to the girlfriends untimely demise. Besides, what makes you think she "deserves" better? Have you met her to make this judgement?

P

Peety

If the guy is wondering how long he has to hide out, and she is asking for him then chances are he has not learned his lesson and has not been reformed.

I wonder in situations like this why the girl thinks she'll be safe from his larceny down the road. We are all creatures of habit. If someone does something they will likely do it again, especially if they get away with it.

Will she be arrested too ? Was that question asked ?? Ever hear the term Aiding and abetting?

HomeGuru

curious12345 said:

Basically what is that statute of limitations on larsony :confused:
**A: I though larsony was a new Japanese device to download songs over the internet.

No Assumptions Here

Minnesota~
Look Okamsrazor, first of all, you must be one of those type "friends."
Secondly, I never Assume Anything. Statistics show that this type of behavior
is hard to break down the line and becomes a repetitive type of lifestyle.
This girl still has her own mind to make her own choice whether or not to
follow Or stay with him Or NOT. I worked for The Minnesota Dept. Of Crime
And Justice for many years working with the families and friends of Prisoner's
and Prisoner's of facilities in this State including Boy's Home, Workhouse (2 Counties) , State Medium Security, (2) State Maximum, Super Maximum, and Federal Prison, a total of 7 different Counties. I have SEEN more than I wanted to of how families are torn apart by poor choices and choices of relationships chosen by their sons, daughters, mother's, fathers, men, women, etc.
All people have a choice to Change especially BEFORE they get into trouble.
Likewise, EVERYONE deserves the FREEDOM to choose better for themselves,
regardless of what their "friend's" are up to and regardless of whether I have met them or not. I never said that she was Miss Angel herself. This boyfriend stole the checks,this makes him a thief. He cashed some so that is forgery of signature. If they are over a certain amount per the state law of Pennsylvania, if he cashed them there, it will be a felony charge if he is of the state adult age. Under a certain amount it would be a misdomeaner. The amount here in MN. is $200.00.
This boyfriend could make the choice to return the money spent and make amends to the family, fess up and take his punishment, to change his own
life and way of thinking At any time. The Sooner, the Better off he will be
down the line. She can't change him or do it for him, he has to do it himself,
For himself. She still has the choice to walk away and not be a part of this. We All Deserve Better Of and For Ourselves. Ever heard of "Have a nice Life?" We have to make it that way otherwise, it won't happen. ~Mary~

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">