• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When will my dad be able to get his Cash back for the cash bond he made to get me out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redliner09

Hello I am basically wanting to know when my dad can get the money back he used to post my bond. The whole thing is my brother-in-law filed charges on me for assault. I do have an attorney. We went to court today and pleaed not guilty. So after being there all day since 9:00 am this morning and got out around 5:30. LOL anyways. The case went to a trial for which I had 2 witnesses and my brother-in-law had none because he claimed that they couldn't make it due to the inanagural today. So he pleaed his case on the stand then my attorney brought my witnesses to the stand. Then I went to the stand also. Ok all the said. To cut to the chase on anyone reading this behalf. I wasn't found guilty today nor was the charges dismissed. The judge ordered an 6 month advisory on which neither parties can come in contact with one another. Pretty much if I don't mess with him the charges will be dismissed and I won't be convicted. I appeared in court which the cash bond is basically used to make sure I show up to court and if there is any fee's applied which there wasn't. So where does my dad stand on getting the cash bond back. I understand that the case has not yet been dismissed therefor I believe my dad is not intitled of getting any cash bond back until it is over. But can he still get an application for cash bond request or something like that and see if the judge will approve it or not. That pretty much wraps it up. At this time I would like to thank anyone that reads this and replys with any helpful info. I KNOW I HAVE AN ATTORNEY FOR QUESTIONS LIKE THIS BUT HE IS PROBABLY ASLEEP RIGHT ABOUT NOW AND
I WAS JUST WANTING TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST AND SEE IF I COULD GET BACK ANY REPLYS. ALSO MY ATTORNEY NORMALLY DOESN'T DO CRIMINAL LAW AND THIS WAS HIS FIRST CASE AND HE IS NOT CERTAIN ON HOW THE CASH BOND THING WORKS.

Thanks,
Tommy

CdwJava

Who holds the bond? A bail bondsman? Or the court?

If he paid a bondsman, then the money he put up for the bond is gone - that's the bondsman's fee to front the money to keep you out of the jail.

- Carl

Redliner09

No Bailbondsman was used to get me out of jail.

It was a CASH BOND that he paid to the police station. So I guess the court would have it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">