• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who can let cops in my home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tph66

What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA
The police came to my house I was not home.A friend was at my house and let the cops in.after entering house they found a pipe in back masterbedroom.My friend has own house and I didnt know she was at my home.After they found pipe they got a warrent.Can my friend who does not live at my home let the cops in.In the report the cops say at my house not hers

JETX

Can my friend who does not live at my home let the cops in.
If, at the time of the circumstances, the 'friend' appears to have 'care and custody' of the property, it is presumed that she has the right to allow entry to the officers. Your defense attorney can pursue their probable cause.... and access to entry.

tph66

Not one of them.In the police report the cop says that he called my friend and my friend states that that they were at my house not our house

>Charlotte<

Lurker
In the police report the cop says...my friend states that that they were at my house not our house
OP contends that the friend did not have the authority to consent to a search of his house. When OP says "my house" I think he means she said "his house". OP believes that because the friend didn't say "our house" the cop should have realized it was not the friend's house and should not have conducted the search.

At least I think so.

tph66

OP contends that the friend did not have the authority to consent to a search of his house. When OP says "my house" I think he means she said "his house". OP believes that because the friend didn't say "our house" the cop should have realized it was not the friend's house and should not have conducted the search.

At least I think so.
Thats right,I dont type the bset

CdwJava

That's a matter for a court to decide. Your attorney can make a motion to suppress based on a lack of valid consent. But, don't count on that succeeding ... for a number of reasons.

- Carl

HomeGuru

That's a matter for a court to decide. Your attorney can make a motion to suppress based on a lack of valid consent. But, don't count on that succeeding ... for a number of reasons.

- Carl
**A: Yup, this guy is far from having a case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">