• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays??????????????????????!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brickslayer

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was in a snowmobile accident in kenosha WI. I thought that I was possibily knocked unconscious for a few seconds. My friend that also hit the same hill was unconscious and clearly broke his leg. So I called 911 the cops and emts came and I refused medical treatment because I seemed fine. The emts told me to have someone observe me for at least 12 hours to make sure I didn't have a severe head injury. They transported my friend. When the left I was given a hand held breath test. I was over the limit. So off to the station under arrest for dui on snowmobile. While after being there handcuffed to a table for hours. I wanted them to allow me to use the phone. They refuse, then I mistakenly to them the I didn't think I felt alright and that I was supposed to be observed for 12 hours after the crash. By the way I wasn't the best inmate they had all year I thought it was pretty BS that they were more excited to get a dui arrest then realize that I was the one that called them because my friends leg was next to his head. They called the emts to transport me and take care of observing me. I tried to refuse the transport and medical treatment but that was not an happening. Long story short I recieved all the unnessary medical bills. Question is are they responsible for my med. bills while in there custody????What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You indicated you required medical attention. You received medical attention. Who do you think should pay for it? Unneccessary medical bills? How about the part where you said:

then I mistakenly to them the I didn't think I felt alright and that I was supposed to be observed for 12 hours after the crash.
Please post the whiney rant you'd be posting if they had refused to accomodate your request for medical attention so we can see which one we like best.

You were drunk and riding around on a snowmobile. You are responsible for what happened to you. Take it like a man.

Brickslayer

must be in law enforcement

Should I take it like a man when SBC (phone company) digs a trench next to a marked trail and dumps the dirt on the marked trail without marking or hanging caution tape. I would assume that I manned up for not making over 3/4 of a mill like my friend did by jumping on the bandwagon and sueing SBC. Anyways my statement to the cop was NOT saying or requesting that I wanted medical transport ect. It was said in the conversation we were having about why it would be to much to ask to be allowed to use the phone. I refered back to the "free advice" the emts gave about not being alone and have someone observe you for 12 hours when I signed the release at the seen. The cop thought it would be funny to call them and stated they can deal with me, knowing I had people waiting outside for hours. I hope you were never in the position were a cop used his bigool badge powers on you. It might not be so easy to eat those "man up" words. I clearly think that it should be paid by the police dept. and if there was any problem with the decision they would see that there was no just reason for the officer to call the emts back. They released me form the emergency room after doing the same vital checks they did on the seen. My Question again with out closed minded opinions: When you are in police custody and they give you medical asst. against your will and clearly if it is not need are you legally responsible for the payments?

outonbail

My Question again with out closed minded opinions: When you are in police custody and they give you medical asst. against your will and clearly if it is not need are you legally responsible for the payments?
As was already posted, you requested the medical assistance when you informed the police that you were told to have someone keep an eye on you and that suddenly you weren't feeling so well.

The only time they would be responsible for your medical bills, is when your injuries occur while you are in their custody. Your injuries occurred while you were driving a snow mobile drunk, not while you were in police custody.
Had the officers refused you medical attention and then you suffered another medical problem due to not receiving medical aid, or your condition became worse, then you would have a claim.
But they did request medical aid when you began to play the "I don't feel so well" card. They can not determine whether your injuries need medical attention, or if you're physically you're OK to be booked. They let the EMT's or a doctor make that call, so what they did, is exactly what they should have done under the circumstances!

I also have no doubt, that if they didn't call the paramedics to come check you out when you started saying you didn't feel well, that you would be having all sorts of medical troubles which were made much worse because the police refused you medical attention.

Brickslayer

I started to reply to the last entry and then realized that this is forum has nothing but opinionated jailhouse lawyers throwing there "free advice" to someone because in reality nobody wants to hear them.

outonbail

I'm thinking that in reality, you may have a claim against the doctors or hospital for not treating you properly, which caused your injury to become worse. Because rational thinking is obviously not taking place between your ears. Additionally, anyone who posts a sentence like the following, has to have something wrong in their head!

then I mistakenly to them the I didn't think I felt alright and that I was supposed to be observed for 12 hours
Or haven't you sobered up yet?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I started to reply to the last entry and then realized that this is forum has nothing but opinionated jailhouse lawyers throwing there "free advice" to someone because in reality nobody wants to hear them.
Another satisfied customer!

xylene

???

I don't get this.

You don't want sue the phone company, because that would be unmanly. :rolleyes:

But you want the taxpayers to absorb the cost of your medical attention?

That is SO MANLY.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I hope you were never in the position were a cop used his bigool badge powers on you.
I have no idea what that means.

I clearly think that it should be paid by the police dept.
Okay, well you go ahead and sue them and get back to us on how that works out for you, mmkay Pumpkin?

Sober up, stop driving anything while you're drunk, and get an education. That's the best advice you'll get all day.

The Occultist

Alright, here is your advice: see if you can find a lawyer willing to take this case on a contingency basis (meaning, they don't get paid unless you win). If you can't find one, take the hint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">