• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why was my thread closed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

MacGyver said:
Arrested for getting stuck in the snow
Your questions were answered so apparently admin closed your thread. You never did answer the question, which of your civil rights were violated?

MacGyver

rmet4nzkx said:
Your questions were answered so apparently admin closed your thread. You never did answer the question, which of your civil rights were violated?

I did not elaborate on allot of things I said, that did not pertain
to the case at hand.

CdwJava

MacGyver said:
I did not elaborate on allot of things I said, that did not pertain
to the case at hand.
But when you allege a "civil rights" violation, it might help to know what you think the nature of the violation was. Everything you wrote seemed to indicate the existence of probable cause for an arrest pursuant to PC 148(a). Whether a DA will want to pursue the matter beyond the arrest is a different story. And if the DA does NOT want to pursue the matter in court, that is a far cry from saying it was a false arrest or that any misconduct was performed by the officer.

"Probable cause" (for an arrest) is a vastly lower standard than "reasonable doubt" (necessary for a conviction), and sometimes DA's just don't want to take the time to go to trial on these things.

So, you may come out of it okay.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">