• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Not Abolish Guilty Plea, Does Anyone Use It?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFi

What actually is the purpose of pleading guilty as aren't you better off just taking a chance in Court? Or is it for people who've already made a deal with the prosecutor? It seems that every time a suspect is hauled in Court for a Major Crime, even if its obvious they did it, they plead not guilty and then its in the news, surprise, surprise? Like I said, what would the advantage be to them if they pleaded guilty. Someone please explain.

divona2000

In answer to your legal question...
oh, wait, you don't have a legal question, just...

Quoted from HiFi "OK, I admit I use this forum for information gathering as I have an inquisitive mind and I like to find answers to questions I have so when the topic comes up on the news, media and TV, I can follow it better".

ecmst12

It's very useful to people who have real life legal questions. It's not INTENDED to be useful to people who just want to debate rhetorical issues with no basis in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">