• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will cops finger print a car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

margie07

I live in PA and last night I decided to do something really stupid. Long story short I need to know if a cop will fingerprint a car?

I tried to open this persons car door and my friend who was with me keyed that persons car. I guess its not that bad, but curiousity. :)

Andy0192

Did you call the police to report that you were a witness to a crime?

Are your fingerprints already on file w/ the police?

margie07

Yes they do have them.

and no they called me because they know I was there.

more or less my friend went to get in a fight with my ex, and we both tried to open this car door, then he keyed the car.

CdwJava

No one can say what the police WILL do. They CAN fingerprint the car, but I would doubt it. Your friend is going to land you in jail if you keep hanging with him.

You can always do the right thing and report him, or, convince him to pay up for the damages.

- Carl

outonbail

At the tow yard I'm associated with, we have the police come out to fingerprint cars at least once a month. These are usually stolen recovery vehicles or a vehicle used in a felony of some sort, but the point I'm trying to make, is that they fingerprint vehicles all the time.

Now if they will in your case, who knows? If they have the time and your ex pushes them, they probably will.

However, even if they identify your prints, this alone may not prove you were the one who vandalized the vehicle, but it might make you the number one suspect and helps to build a case against you.

Time to grow up and look to the future, rather than holding that anger inside and dwelling on the past,,,

stilen621

Not to be a fuddy duddy, but you really should do the right thing and tell your friend to own up to what they did. Your friend damaged someone else`s property and that is not good. Fess up and clear this thing up. Never know what the cars owner will do if they find out first. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">