• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

●Will the guy that punched me and kicked me get away with it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DexterMorgan

●This guy sucker-punched me for no reason and kicked me on the ground,I contacted the police and its been weeks and nothing has been done,I don't know what to do,I have no witness to stand by my story,However I have his name,address pictures of me bet up from it,medical reports and my own statement,Do you think he will get away with it?

●Thanks for your advice and it is in Dublin,Ireland.
This guy is 21,I am 19.

quincy

Ahh, Ireland. I am going salmon fishing there sometime. :)

This site handles U.S. law questions only. You will need to seek legal assistance from someone in your area of the world.

Good luck.

edit to add: Thanks for the friend request, DexterMorgan. I decided a long time ago, however, to remain "friendless" on this site ;) - but I really appreciate the gesture.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

●This guy sucker-punched me for no reason and kicked me on the ground,I contacted the police and its been weeks and nothing has been done,I don't know what to do,I have no witness to stand by my story,However I have his name,address pictures of me bet up from it,medical reports and my own statement,Do you think he will get away with it?

●Thanks for your advice and it is in Dublin,Ireland.
This guy is 21,I am 19.
US Law only.

And honestly? It is an extremely rare thing for someone to punch you for absolutely no reason at all. There has GOT to be much more to this story than what you're telling - and what you are leaving out could be helpful to the folks that are able to answer the question for you.

justalayman

●Will the guy that punched me and kicked me get away with it?
and the answer is:

(as justalayman furiously polishes the crystal ball)

Your Auntie Em is looking for you:

Dorothy? Dorothy? Where are you? It's me, Auntie Em! We're trying to find you! Where are you?

Oh, sorry, wrong channel.

< due to technical difficulties we have temporarily lost the picture. Please stay tuned>

justalayman

US Law only.

And honestly? It is an extremely rare thing for someone to punch you for absolutely no reason at all. There has GOT to be much more to this story than what you're telling - and what you are leaving out could be helpful to the folks that are able to answer the question for you.
Oh, you obviously hang out at some very different bars than I do.

but this guy is from Ireland. Isn't that pretty typical over there? Heck, just watch some soccer games if you don't believe me.

justalayman

Ah... that would be football.
is that football or futball?

regardless, when you write football for a US audience, what comes to mind is the game using the prolate spheroid shaped ball rather than the true sphere shaped ball used in soccer so I call it soccer.

On top of that, if you think "soccer" when somebody says "football", you are going to look pretty funny showing up on the field for a game dressed in shorts and t shirt. At my school, that would probably be enough reason to beat you up.

justalayman

Ireland has its own brand of football, but nobody is paying attention to that now. The hurling final is tomorrow.
Hurling final? Wow, they'll make a sport out of anything over there. Over here we just make fun of hurlers if they pass out in the bathroom while hurling by taking pictures and posting them on the Internet.

Are they scored by volume, distance, or is there an artistic value to the scoring as well?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">