• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I get arresseted/charged/citation/bad record for this? Please reply...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jondoe777

My question involves criminal law for the state of: VA

Hello,

This may be a bit lengthy but I am in panic mode (friends say I shouldnt).

Here is what happened

My gf and I are above age, we were in a public parking garage in my black on black tinted window car. We had not seen eachother in about a month and naturally we got very physical. We did not have intercourse, nor were my clothes off at any time, only her shirt was off and we were merely kissing aggressively. In any case, after a few moments a City Police cruiser shot his lights on our car and came to my window.

He said they received a call and asked my gf if "she was decent". My gf did put her shirt on and he asked for ID's and asked us to come out. We complied respectfully. I began to explain I am very nervous and I dont want to get arressted, he said relax, dont worry your not going to be arressted we just need to scan your IDs and we'll get this taken care of. I was a bit paniced as Ive never been in trouble with the law and the officer got a little impatient with me and said, just sit your butt on the car, and we'll get you out of here in 2 minutes. My gf sort of yelled and said just relax, let them do their job, and rightly so I kept quiet.

In all of this, the other cop interviewed my gf, asking her if she felt safe, etc, and she was consenting to all this. She said yes, and said we were about to go have food. The cops were very nice in fact, he asked my gf how we were related, my gf confused, said "related?, like cousin?", the cop joked and said "jesus I hope your not related". He came back and gave me back our IDs, and said just go somewhere else and try to stay out of view. I asked him, is there going to be a citation or any charge and apologized stating I hadnt seen my gf for weeks, he said "No", and the other cop joked and said, "Yeh man, Id try the 6th floor area next time man". And laughed it off. They left.

In essensce, I got no ticket, charge or anything. They just took my number down, ran plates, and checked IDs and explained we just wanted to make sure there was no sexual assault, etc.

At this point is this encounter done and dusted with? Meaning, this doesnt go on any public record right? Will I be charged later? Will I get any citation of any kind?

Please let me know

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

Hello,

This may be a bit lengthy but I am in panic mode (friends say I shouldnt).

Here is what happened

I am 30 and gf is 25, we were in a public parking garage in my black on black tinted window BMW. We had not seen eachother in about a month and naturally we got very physical. We did not have intercourse, nor were my clothes off at any time, only her shirt was off and we were merely kissing aggressively. In any case, after a few moments a City of Fairfax cruiser shot his lights on our car and came to my window.

He said they received a call and asked my gf if "she was decent". My gf did put her shirt on and he asked for ID's and asked us to come out. We complied respectfully. I began to explain I am very nervous and I dont want to get arressted, he said relax, dont worry your not going to be arressted we just need to scan your IDs and we'll get this taken care of.

In all of this, the other cop interviewed my gf, asking her if she felt safe, etc, and she was consenting to all this. She said yes, and said we were about to go have food. The cops were very nice in fact, he asked my gf how we were related, my gf confused, said "related?, like cousin?", the cop joked and said "jesus I hope your not related". He came back and gave me back our IDs, and said just go somewhere else and try to stay out of view. I asked him, is there going to be a citation or any charge, he said "No", and the other cop joked and said, "Id try the 6th floor area next time man". And laughed it off. They left.

In essensce, I got no ticket, charge or anything. They just took my number down, ran plates, and checked IDs and explained we just wanted to make sure there was no sexual assault, etc.

At this point is this encounter done and dusted with? Meaning, this doesnt go on any public record right? Will I be charged later? Will I get any citation of any kind?

Please let me know
Because the police were investigating a call, the police will write a report, because that is what they do. I doubt you will be charged later. I doubt you will get a citation.

But I would not repeat your behavior, on the 6th floor area of the parking garage or anywhere else open to public view. Find a non-public place next time you want to "get physical" with your girlfriend.

Good luck.

jondoe777

Because the police were investigating a call, the police will write a report, because that is what they do. I doubt you will be charged later. I doubt you will get a citation.

But I would not repeat your behavior, on the 6th floor area of the parking garage or anywhere else open to public view. Find a non-public place next time you want to "get physical" with your girlfriend.

Good luck.
Thank you for replying, will this come up on any background check of any kind?

Believe me Ive learned my lesson, it was a moment of stupidity and weakness which will never be repeated.

quincy

Thank you for replying, will this come up on any background check of any kind?

Believe me Ive learned my lesson, it was a moment of stupidity and weakness which will never be repeated.
No. It will not show up on any background check. Arrests can. Charges and convictions do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">