• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I have an issue crossing the USA Border?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YunaAngelz

Hello,

In 2011 my ex husband and I got into an agreement in the current city we lived in which was Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and the police were called and since 2 different sides of the story were told to the police officers that he told them a different story then I did we were both brought into the police station.

We were both charged with "Assault" nothing more as I have a copy of the court documentation to prove it when I was getting this they told me that I also needed the police transcript I went to find out how much it was and was told it was about $50.00 and 1-3 months waiting time.

Which I don't have the time to wait for my Best friend is getting married on August.27th who I will be staying with while I am in the USA I have her phone number, address, place of work and everything else if need be the only problem she works Monday to Friday 3pm - 12:30am

I went to court on this matter of the Assault charge and the judge ordered me to Anger Management but I don't have the certificate that shows I completed this but my ex husband was given the same judgement and he never got a certificate.

Will I have any issue's crossing the USA Border at all?

I have talked with the USA Border Patrol where I would be crossing and a Lawyer in the city I live in they both told me that I shouldn't have an issue regarding this matter at all but I wanted to ask here to get another opion just in case sort of thing.

quincy

Hello,

... Will I have any issue's crossing the USA Border at all?

I have talked with the USA Border Patrol where I would be crossing and a Lawyer in the city I live in they both told me that I shouldn't have an issue regarding this matter at all ...
Why would strangers on an internet forum provide you with any better information on crossing into the US than the US Border Patrol and a lawyer in your city? (hint: they wouldn't)

YunaAngelz

Why would strangers on an internet forum provide you with any better information on crossing into the US than the US Border Patrol and a lawyer in your city? (hint: they wouldn't)
Maybe cause someone's had the same issue as me and they can tell me if they have had any problems or not crossing the USA Border?

Ever think that might be a possibility?

quincy

Maybe cause someone's had the same issue as me and they can tell me if they have had any problems or not crossing the USA Border?

Ever think that might be a possibility?
Did I ever think that might be a possibility? Not a possibility that would give you a better idea of any problems YOU could face crossing into the US, no.

I recommend you rely on the US Border Patrol and your attorney. They will be your best source of information (this is assuming you actually want the best source of information for someone in your situation).

YunaAngelz

Not likely.

Not many people get themselves arrested for getting into an "agreement". :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into the story of what happened it was 5 years ago there were two conflicting stories so instead charging one of us they charged us both.

Did I ever think that might be a possibility? Not a possibility that would give you a better idea of any problems YOU could face crossing into the US, no.

I recommend you rely on the US Border Patrol and your attorney. They will be your best source of information (this is assuming you actually want the best source of information for someone in your situation).

I went down to the Law Office where I live IN PERSON with my court doucment and showed it to them of what excatly it says as for the USA Border I called the Pembina North Dakota Border where I would cross going by vechile.

Plus This is the only charge I have ever had in my entire life nothing before this and nothing after as well

Last edited:

quincy

I'm not going to get into the story of what happened it was 5 years ago there were two conflicting stories so instead charging one of us they charged us both.

I went down to the Law Office where I live IN PERSON with my court doucment and showed it to them of what excatly it says as for the USA Border I called the Pembina North Dakota Border where I would cross going by vechile.

Plus This is the only charge I have ever had in my entire life nothing before this and nothing after as well
Then it appears you received an answer to your query based on the specifics of your police incident. Good.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">