• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this show in background check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tholt4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA - but incident happened in Florida.

My 19 year old son was issued a citation and made to pour out his drink in Duval County FL for S562.111(1) Possesion of alcoholic beverage by person under age 21. He mailed in the $75 fine and online court records show Case Fees Paid and Ajudication of Guilt Withheld. Will this show up in an employment background check, and how does he answer question "have you ever been arrested" on employment application? Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA - but incident happened in Florida.

My 19 year old son was issued a citation and made to pour out his drink in Duval County FL for S562.111(1) Possesion of alcoholic beverage by person under age 21. He mailed in the $75 fine and online court records show Case Fees Paid and Ajudication of Guilt Withheld. Will this show up in an employment background check, and how does he answer question "have you ever been arrested" on employment application? Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your son was not arrested. He was given a citation.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The applications I have seen ask "have you ever been summonsed or arrested?".

He would have to answer "yes" to that question regardless of the outcome.

Your son was not arrested. He was given a citation.
It still counts as an arrest. He was given a citation and signed it agreeing to appear in court in lieu of an arrest. Had he needed to be booked he may have been taken to the station. Being taken to the station or not doesn't necessarily determine whether or not it was an arrest. But job applications usually only ask about convictions as it was already mentioned.

st-kitts

I advise all job applicants to be honest on employment applications, and when in doubt regarding a criminal offense, include it with an explanation, such as "cited for underage possession of alcohol."

Many employers will eliminate candidates for falsification of application even if the crime revealed in and of itself would not have been disqualifying. Many of these same employers will not disqualify an otherwise good candidate for minor criminal offenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">