• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this show up on my record. ACT 34/151

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbarone

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello,

I am applying for an IT job with a school district that requires an ACT 34/151 background check. I was convicted of a Mistermeanor and went through ARD 12 years ago (1993) in the state of Pennsylvania.

Will this show up on my backgroud check?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Chris B.

Bravo8

Yes. Act 34 requires all applicants for school positions have a criminal history check. The Misdemeanor you were convicted of will be recorded on your history as maintained by both the PA State Police and the FBI.

The act 151 check is a Child Abuse histroy check, and only checks for a history of certain crimes against children through the PA Dept. of Public Welfare. Unless the Misdemeanor was one of that nature, it won't appear on this check.

cbarone

What if I was not convicted, but rather charged and what if it was explunged?

Additionally, I read certain countys do automatic expungement after a 10 year period after completing ARD, not sure if I apply here.

Last edited:

Bravo8

If you were not convicted, it will likely still be on your record. Were you fingerprinted? If so, you can pretty much count on it being on your record, although it will also list the disposition (not guilty, dismissed, etc). If the charges were expunged, then it will not be on your record.

cbarone

It never showed up and I took the Technology position in August of 2005. Now I heard that starting in 2007 you will have to do an FBI background check for education Jobs. It used to be just Acts 151/34.

Will an FBI back ground check be more comprehensive than the state or exactly the same as it pertains to Pennsylvania.

Thanks,

Chris B

F.B.I. -- honors state specific expungement requests, thus if it has been expunged then it should not show up in a civil background check. For criminal justice purposes it WILL always be there..... so mind your Ps and Qs......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">