• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this violate my probation???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cr9

Hello every one I need help! Ok I live in san jose california and am on formal probation for a misdemeanor theft charge 2 years ago! There are no stipulations of my probation im just supposed to stay out of trouble. I only see my probation officer once every 3 months and I'm actually supposed to be petitioning to get off probation this upcoming month.

So here is what happened, last night I was in San Francisco for this love parade so there are hundreds of thousands of people partying in the street. SO I was at a night club and I ordered a corona and then I proceeded outside to help one of my friends out, I asked the bouncer if I could go outside with my beer he said yes so I went just right outside the club and was waiting there. As I took a drink of my beer on the side walk an ABC officer and a sfpd stopped me and gave me an infraction ticket (21 mpc) consuming an alcoholic beverage in public. I asked the police officer if this would violate my probation he said no it wouldnt because it's just an infraction... But im not sure...

SO basically what I'm asking is can a infraction ticket for having a beer in public violate my probation? (given the fact there are no stipulations against alcohol use in my probation)

Can I just pay the fine my by mail and be done with it and probation wont even care or find out?? Please help!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">