• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withheld judgement question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

granillo1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
Can someone who has a withheld judgement who has satisfied probation and restitution own a hand gun, vote, etc? 5+ yrs ago.

jculby4

Reponse On Withheld Judgement!

I am currently going through this process right not. To anwer you question let me pull something off of another web page and see if this will help to answer your question.

What does it mean to have the Adjudication Withheld?
Again, you cannot have adjudication withheld unless you have first been found guilty by the court. After a finding of guilt the court has the option of adjudicating you guilty or withholding the adjudication of guilt. By withholding the adjudication of guilt the court is not convicting you of the crime. If the offense is a felony you will not lose your civil rights. Having the adjudication of guilt withheld also leaves you eligible to have your criminal history record sealed or expunged so long as you do not have an adjudication of guilt in any other case and the offense qualifies.

I hope this helps!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">