• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witness Deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlaBrian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello,

I'm pro se not by choice but because I have no choice.

I have (3) witnesses I will be calling besides the witnesses
the state is calling. The (3) witnesses are all family and are
very aware of my stratagy for court and have been working
with me in preparing my case and have helped with my work
product.

The could take the 5th 100% but I believe that's what they
want so they can't testify later.

I don't want the state to know what my plan is as I want to
go to trial and not have this dismissed only for them to refile
later.

I asked for speedy trial so if they file objection to subpoena
a few days before Deposition can the state get more time and
prolong the speedy trial process?

Any Ideas would be great. Thanks

tranquility

You are silly to be thinking about "strategy". At BEST, think about the truth. Not only do I have no idea what you're talking about, but also I think you are kidding yourself beyond words.

Good luck. I like the state having to prove up it's case. Sorry, but I believe you will not make them do so. It seems like you want some Perry Mason trick where the jury will do a jaw-dropping double-take at the munificance of the cross examination.

Bring a toothbrush.

FlaBrian

You are silly to be thinking about "strategy". At BEST, think about the truth. Not only do I have no idea what you're talking about, but also I think you are kidding yourself beyond words.

Good luck. I like the state having to prove up it's case. Sorry, but I believe you will not make them do so. It seems like you want some Perry Mason trick where the jury will do a jaw-dropping double-take at the munificance of the cross examination.

Bring a toothbrush.
Ok, but the fact is I'm going to trial and I believe 100% I will be
found "NOT GUILTY" as the State has no case...

I did have an attorney, be he had to withdraw as he
passed on.. I put all the $$$ into him I had and he was 100%
of a victory but I don't want to say why here.

I'm tired of the Plea Offers as I would not even take one as
I know I did not do what they say.

As for the "Bring the tooth brush comment"..
If I will go to Prison, that's ok with me as if I'm
found Guilty then life here in the USA is not worth living.

I'm 50 and I never commited a crime in my life and I'm
not going to have my children pay for my defense as I
would rather rot in jail and run up their medical bills.

All I wanted to know is there a way to prevent a family
member from being deposed if they know my case stratagy.

If you have an idea please comment..

tranquility

Only if they are your wife, or, depending on the facts, were your wife.

Or, your attorney.

Look, don't waste your time on strategy. Work on getting out the facts in your favor. You are not going to fool an experienced litigator. You are not that smart.

I know a lot about coaching soccer. A lot. I've been a nationally licensed coach for 30 years and have sharpend my saw with regularity. I give coaching clinics and talk a lot with new coaches. My eyes glaze over whenever they want my experience to determine a system of play or where to put their players. That's because it is a waste of time until all the little important things are taken care of.

Same here. Rather than thinking about strategy, you should be studying evidence law in preparation of trial. Otherwise the fast moving trial will have the other side getting in its facts and you not being able to get in yours. That's not to say you should not get an attorney. You clearly need one. But, since I know you're not going to listen to reason that's the best I can do. You are building an upside down pyramid. Don't blame the U.S. or the system as it will topple and you will have no one else to blame but yourself and hubris.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">